Totaled, to me, '97 80 @ Exit 3 NJ Turnpike (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lost control at exit, tail kicked out on turn, spun 270, flopped to drivers side and continued to spin to complete another 270 degrees on its side. Wife, daughter, 2 dogs and myself all OK. Was on my way back to CO. Had to leave it at Beaverbrook tow place right at the exit. If any cruiserhead is interested please help me out, take a look at it and make an offer, lots of good stuff, including ARB front, Slee rear and a dinged up RTT. The junk yard guy was drooling over it knowing I am in a bind, asking me if I "don't happen have the title with ya?" I rather see it go to a good cause instead of lining his greedy pockets.

I just got done driving 27 hours and made it to a friends house in Kansas City with a rental where I am about to crash for a few hours, wife and daughter flew back to CO already. If any interest please email me radams at kc dot rr dot com.

Rich Adams

Last edited:
Junkyard guy makes me nervous, he specifically came over to tell me I am not allowed to remove anything from it except luggage and paperwork.

I let him walk away and then proceeded to take/remove everything that was feasible to carry in a rental.

I sent you an e-mail

Aaron

My VPN at work is currently down, PMs I guess for now. I will have access in about 14 hours.

Hitting the road for Denver in about an hour.

Land cruisers best in wrecks.Glad your ok. Mike

I sent you a PM right after I sent an e-mail.

The Cruiser is being rescued from the clutches of the tow truck yard now. RTT is spoken for. No decision made on what to do next.

i sent you a pm this morning and a email yesterday at 1
dan

Sorry to hear about the accident--glad everyone is okay!

Sent you a PM

Rich,
I got the truck home safe, I left you a voice mail & PM'ed you last night.

Thanks again
Aaron

Folks, as you can see from the above post Aaron saved the Cruiser from the tow yard vultures.

Any part requests, whole vehicle offers or anything should be directed towards Aaron's way as he "in charge" (for lack of better words).

Aaron was the first to get a hold of me and offered to "rescue" the Cruiser and store it. I offered him my RTT, although it is banged up, as incentive and to show my gratitude for the offer.

The 5 wheels/tires are technically not mine. I swapped with a neighbor to be able to attend Colorado's Emission Testing program (My 35s were too big). No idea on the future of those.

Still a bit confused on what to do, but time will play out and I'll start getting better ideas. Many of you expressed interest in the ARB front/Slee rear, they survived but not perfect. Aaron is your man to talk to. He also can be reached for any of you to hook up with to physically see what you may be interested in.

Off to buy a lottery ticket.

i'd be interested to know what junkyard it was sitting it. i'd love to go down there ( i go by there often) in my 80 and talk to the guy. " oh yeah i bought it off him. it took me a weekend, but it all buffed right out! a coat of paint and viola! looks nice, huh?!"

glad everyone was okay.

i'd be interested to know what junkyard it was sitting it. i'd love to go down there ( i go by there often) in my 80 and talk to the guy. " oh yeah i bought it off him. it took me a weekend, but it all buffed right out! a coat of paint and viola! looks nice, huh?!"

glad everyone was okay.

Beaverbrook Motors, like 100 feet away from the exit. An exit, btw, where many people wipe out I'm learning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom