Tool chest in the garage finally. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While I know it is not top-shelf (snap on, matco,etc) I ordered a 41" Homak from Northern Tool and have to say that for my needs it is a good deal. Ordered it on Black Friday and it came in to the store one week later. Quality is good and for someone who wants to get a little more organized and not spend a ton, I say take a look. It allowed to me to condense, organize and store stuff in a way that makes sense. "5S" if you know what I mean.
If you are on the fence here is an added bonus, they will be selling off the Homak branded models soon as they are going to have them branded as Northern. Same product just without the name.

& yes I got the blue, it is a good bit cheaper

Could you throw up some pictures when you get a chance. How is the quality of the drawer slides and what was the total cost with shipping.

No shipping fee, in store pick up. Shipping was in the area of $275 if I remember to have it delivered to you.
Drawer slides are good, you can push the longest drawer from one side and it does not bind. Narrower drawers of course are even better.
Thats classic early 80's paneling behind it for a color reference.
@sean2202
2017-12-06 06.18.24.jpg

I just went through a hand me down Craftsman rolling tool chest and cleaned it all out to organize my tools. And I’ve been building new shelves to organize all of my Cruisers parts.

What an amazing feeling to have everything organized, labeled, and easy to get to!

It is also a bit depressing to knowhow much money I have sitting in Rubbermaid containers... I have three complete knuckle rebuild kits for my 80s. Only one of them needs a rebuild...

I finally figured out what an annoying sound in my 60 was, water pump dying. I walked over to the shelf and picked up a brand new aisin that i had "incase" . Think of it as being prepaired -wood for the fireplace, canning food,etc.....

(Atleast that is what i try and convince myself of)

@LS1FJ40

I finally figured out what an annoying sound in my 60 was, water pump dying. I walked over to the shelf and picked up a brand new aisin that i had "incase" . Think of it as being prepaired -wood for the fireplace, canning food,etc.....

(Atleast that is what i try and convince myself of)

@LS1FJ40

I agree. I rarely throw away old parts and have so many new parts it has been a bit overwhelming. I tend to buy things in twos and threes. I have three 80s. I have two and my 16 year old son has one. So if something needs replacing on one I usually buy it for 2-3 or them. Which is a little insane. So I have been cataloging all of my parts and putting them in to a spreadsheet so I know what I have.

Tools are another issue. I work for Lowe’s so I come across some ridiculously inexpensive tools from time to time and buy them. I just opened a tool box I purchased for in my 93. It was filled with hand tools that I bought off clearance for 25-50 cents a piece.

Fortunately, my wife laughs and doesn’t care.

That's true about the tools, I work at Grainger part time and buy stuff that I "need" all the time at fairly good prices.

Now you have me beat at the speadsheet but I will confess a labelmaker might be in my future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom