TOO Overhead Switch Panel Bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed the bracket yesterday. Find it here: No Drill Overhead switch panel bracket - https://www.treatyoakoffroad.com/product/no-drill-overhead-switch-panel-bracket

Here's my review:
This works for multiple items on the GX 460/470s. It is 3D printed black plastic and seems pretty easy to customize with a Dremel or file if your fit needs to be adjusted. It would work great for a SwitchPro, Auxbeam, or any control head for a HAM radio. It's pretty rigid, so no noticeable bouncing when I hit bumps. It will make the back edge of the overhead cluster hang about 3mm away from the headliner, but the three tabs and four clips still hold strong. It comes with an adapter plate and hardware for the Auxbeam (I think). It did not come with instructions, but it was pretty simple to figure out.

This was just what I needed for my Yaesu FTM-400XDR radio control head. The best part was it was fairly easy to route the control head cable down the A-pillar and under the seat to the radio, with barely an inch of cable to spare! This allowed for a clean install and it looks great. I added some Gorilla sealing tape to the bracket face to pad the mating surface for the control head, it also works to make the attaching screw a 'captive screw' while assembling. I filed the bracket corners down a little where it contacts the face of the light housing, it eliminates pressure points on the plastic without affecting the stability. (See the attached photo.)

IMG-8820.jpg

Prior to this, I was using a RAM Mount on the dash and the wires were exposed. It just looked cluttered. Being in a shady spot near my line of sight makes me wonder why I didn't think to move the control head there sooner. I'm going on a road trip next week and I am looking forward to testing it out!

IMG-8822.jpg

How/where did you route the wire(s) up through the dash? Mine just arrived today for my switch panel and I don't see an obvious path from under the dash up to the A-pillar?

How/where did you route the wire(s) up through the dash? Mine just arrived today for my switch panel and I don't see an obvious path from under the dash up to the A-pillar?
There's no 'obvious' path, but you can find a general route if you stare at it long enough (my method). You can pull the dash panels on the left side of the steering wheel to aid in routing. You can also pull the left side defroster vent on top of the dash. Go up towards the A-pillar along the existing harnesses and remove the grab handle and A-pillar fascia piece (CAREFULLY! - There is an airbag behind the fascia). Route the wire along the A-pillar on the windshield side of the airbag so as not to interfere with the airbag assembly. I used a fish tape to pull the cable through the headliner to the overhead center console.

There's no 'obvious' path, but you can find a general route if you stare at it long enough (my method). You can pull the dash panels on the left side of the steering wheel to aid in routing. You can also pull the left side defroster vent on top of the dash. Go up towards the A-pillar along the existing harnesses and remove the grab handle and A-pillar fascia piece (CAREFULLY! - There is an airbag behind the fascia). Route the wire along the A-pillar on the windshield side of the airbag so as not to interfere with the airbag assembly. I used a fish tape to pull the cable through the headliner to the overhead center console.
This was helpful. It's easy to figure out once you get the A pillar trim and side defroster vent removed which is easy to do. I always hesitate to start popping interior panels off because I have a bad habit of hulk-smashing clips. This should take a normal person like an hour or less unless you do something stupid like break one of the pop-clips in the overhear console. (dangit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom