TLCA watch ? Hong Kong e-bay knock-offs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i asked him a question see if he responds.

I contacted him as well. We'll see...

I reported him. The logo is copyrighted & even though he has a disclaimer on his listing, the TLCA benefits from copyright & trademark protection under US Law, regardless of seller being in Hong Kong. Seller cannot use our logo to sell his products, disclaimer notwithstanding. Time will tell if eBay shuts the sale down or not.

You guys are way nicer than I am since you tried to contact him. :)

I was trying to get him to send a free watch to the TLCA home office for testing.. Sheesh... You go and get the guy in trouble.

And there was a second one on ebay as well.. different seller.

I was trying to get him to send a free watch to the TLCA home office for testing.. Sheesh... You go and get the guy in trouble.

I'll be happy to shrink & print the logo & then put it in one of your watches. :) I'm a business woman, he should be shut down for using our copyright protected logo to try & sell his crap. Disclaimer or not, it makes us look crappy & it violates eBay's policies.

Last edited:
^ :hmm:
Bulova-Mens-98B127-Marine-Star-Black-Dial-Strap-Watch.jpg

My father would shoot me if I even tried to do it to my grad present. ;)

**FWIW ebay to some of us has the same legitimacy and value of yelp and craigslist, both being nothing other than a reason to look at stuff and shake your head.

Ebay never bothered to respond to me, seller never responded to Erik. Basically, nothing. Ebay obviously couldn't give a rat's ass & they don't make it easy to physically talk to a human being about this stuff.

seems they change seller Id's to try to stay one step ahead.
Here's one with the gauge cluster design and "landcruiser"
note the seller has 0 feedback:
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 Speedometer Sport Metal Watch | eBay
same watch different seller:
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 Speedometer Sport Metal Watch | eBay
I counted 11 auctions from 6 different sellers. Her's another version:
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Jeep 4WD Sport Metal Watch | eBay.
If needed, I can get seller Id's for each bootlegger and post it.
My guess is somewhere in China a very low end watchmaking sweatshop is selling logo watch lots to small time crooks using ebay to peddle them. Many Auto logos are being copied, maybe we can get some help from of the corporate suits, but then I guess we wouldn't still be seeing their logo's still being ripped off if they could stop it.

Sucks when the bad guys win :mad:

Hey!

This is one my few posts here on IH8MUD but I couldnt help but notice the eBay contrersy going on haha.

Just a little background history about myself, I currently own a 97 Cruiser love the thing, had a Tacoma prior and a Avalon prior to that. I am currently employed by eBay in the Trust and Safety department AKA Fraud. So if there is anyone that can help you guys get a better understanding on how eBay works it will be me!

In regards to these sellers posting items that are not genuine and are illigaly using your trademark in their watches is definitely against our policy, however you do need to register to become a VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) participant before eBay can legally take the listings down. If anyone just called in and said that these individuals were using trademarks it would be a madhouse. So to make sure you are who you say you are you‘ll need to sign up!

Below is the link to the eBay help page in regards to the VeRO program;

How eBay protects intellectual property (VeRO)

If you would like to cut to the chase and find out how to sign up and report the listings go to the link below, but remember you MUST be the legal owner of the trademark;

Reporting intellectual property infringements (VeRO)

When you are at this page you need to fill out the "Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form". After you fax in this initial form everything from here on out would just be email because you are verified.

Essentially all you would need to do is let them know what item numbers are in violation eBay would remove it.

Hope this helps with any confusion regarding the policies surrounding trademarks and copyrights.

Thanks,

-Neily

Thanks for standing up and offering a solution!
We all know knock-offs are everywhere, I just hate too see our reputation hurt by some one looking for easy money at others expenses.

I'm sure the Admin will be on this and also appreciates your help.

Kudos to you!

Hey Neily - thanks for posting up!

I actually completed & submitted a VeRo when I first reported this & got nothing in return other than a standardized email. SO, if you can offer any more assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@billybongo63

Thanks for the Kudo's least I can do!

@Metal Spice

Thanks as well!

Also did you fax in the documention or just email it back as an attachment? If its an attachment our system doesnt allow for them, its pretty stupid but we retrieve emails through a program thats pretty basic.

Usually with VeRO they need a legal document verifying that you are the IP owner of that trademark.

Unfortunately I do not have access to that department, its pretty specialized and only email based. If you have any questions for them you can always email vero@ebay.com they usually respond within 1-3 days, sometimes longer depending on how busy they are.

Hey gang.
Let me know if I need to do anything to help on this. We really need to do this...

Ultimately it's an old game with new tactics. *Good luck stopping China and Taiwan from patent or licensing infringement, it's something the Port Authority spends billions of dollars fixing. Justin, please file! Just pull the logo licensing and .org (Non-Profit?) paperwork and submit it, that should be enough(?).
stockphotopro_66798866HDA_no_title.jpg

*Off topic, guess what one of the first things that came up was when I just searched for the image above using "man selling watches" in google's image search? :eek:

North Side Man Arrested For Selling Fake Jordans & Casio Watches!