TLCA Delegate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KOWBOY

President
Threads
Website
www.elwoodwhitetrash.com
After a really long time, the Bossman is turnin' in his badge as our club delegate. He has served us with dignity and represented The White Trash well with his impeccable knowledge and skills. Cheers to you sir. :cheers::clap::cheers:

Now we need some other fool to do it. :lol::lol:

Not sure if anybody even reads this forum anymore or how many members we really have ... but ... if anybody out there's lookin' to add some excitement to their life and attend the conference calls on our behalf ... speak up By Gawd! :cool:

If not ... well that's OK too. :meh:

We'll always be White Trash. :beer:

:flamingo:

When are they? Did you read the Trails with our Chapter update?

I am not either but willing to come back if the White Trash takes me back.:hillbilly:

I went with them rednecks and pay my dues and never made the Roster.

I am joining the TLCA again

The White Trash Of The Elwood
Chapter
The White Trash Of The Elwood Chapter gathered
together the weekend of November 10
th
and 11
th
in Clayton, Oklahoma for our 7
th
annual Big Junk
Run. The weather was awesome, the food great, the beer cold
and the company even better. Oh, and the wheeling was pretty
darn good too.
We had members from all across the country show up for a great
weekend. Folks from Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas all
made the trip for some of the best wheeling to be found in the country. For those of you who haven’t made it to Clayton, you are missing
some of the best wheeling to be found. We had sixteen rigs from
FJ40s, Suzuki Samurais, a couple of 4Runners, half an 80 series
and even a few token Jeeps. In total, we had 16 rigs and over 25
people and a dog show up for our little annual gig.
Daryl Hornsby and his brother had the first carnage of the weekend
when he sacrificed the right front of his wife’s 80 series, affectionately named, “Half Ass.” The next bloodletting came with our Poster
Child Dusty Lawhorn rolling his rig over on its side on the very next
waterfall. All were well and the small amount of transmission fluid
that leaked was quickly absorbed with a spill kit. The wheeling continued on and we were able to witness an incredible rollover save
by Lenny Ross in his stretched Sammy on stickies. Jrob and Bodean
wheeled the heck out of JRob’s 40 (with his wife’s tires) and Kowboy
and Josh rode in Josh’s Arctic Cat Wildcat with Kowboy offering his
usual intense and very, ahem, “helpful” spotting advice. The day
ended with a mini-feast back at the Clayton Country Inn around the
campfire with a little apple pie shine to top off the day.
The next day’s wheeling was a little faster with the group breaking
up into smaller groups and the bigger rigs and buggies heading out
for the wild stuff. Clutchee’s new buggy did great and Greg Sadler’s
mini truck on 42’s performed in fine manner as usual. With Josh’s girlfriend Jessica showing up, Kowboy got the boot and had to ride with
me for the day… Bailey opted to walk. The only carnage of the day
was Clutchee’s clutch and my rear driveshaft on the green 4Runner
(third one so far but since replaced with a schedule 40 pipe driveshaft) at the end of the day on the last trail. Roger Theurer had a little
trouble with his radiator on the trip home but Steve Marquardt came
and babysat him till he was fixed and on the road. The evening
campfire had a few surprise visitors when Fro and Murmy showed
up. Along with the Trout People and all the other fine folks, a great
evening was under way with the kiddos in the group having smores
and a great time around camp. Thanks to all of those who showed
up and participated! See you next year!!!

David “Fireman” Williams

Thats some good writin there.

Thanks

Darn it I missed it,,,

I will go back

Thanks guys!

Anybody who enjoys watching paint dry will enjoy serving as a chapter delegate. On the bright side, our new president, Ross Woody, is motivated and reasonably smart.

TLCA is losing money and the biggest expense is Toyota Trails. The elected officers figure as soon as Trails folds, the club will too. There will always be clubs like LSLC and WToE, but there won't be a magazine for your toilet pleasure every two months.

We have enough money to hang on this year and maybe next. If we can get the membership back to 3000 (we're at 2700 right now), we can continue shipping out Trails as we have. We need members and we need folks to submit articles to Trails. If you really like the pretty pictures, it's worth the effort. If not, then there's no point to it. I'm not being an asshat about this, just honest. TLCA would appreciate $30 from each of y'all to keep the magazine going.

If you want to be a delegate for WToE, let me know and give me your email addy. I'll add you to the BOD. We will have a conference call at 8pm our time on the third Tuesday each month. The next call is February 19th at 8pm. I'll post the call in number if one of y'all want to attend.

Happy Trails! N

Sorry guys. I've just missed too many calls lately and it doesn't look like things are going to get any better any time soon. You deserve better.

Last edited:
Negative Ghostrider... you did a great job.
TLCA should serve the chapters, not the chapters serving TLCA.
My two cents,
Nick

Sorry guys. I've just missed too many cakes lately and it doesn't look like things are going to get any better any time soon. You deserve better.

Still with the same thang...

Last year I change jobs and in the process to get into a new house so I did not want to renew my membership.

Observation:

Nobody followed up with me in why I left ? or why I did not renew my membership?...

In my humble opinion, there's an opportunity to regain lost members.

Follow ups...

just saying...

Now I have a new home address established in Brownville, TX

I will rejoint the TLCA tho'

<SARCASM>
So... do I need to shake your pecker for you when you pee?
Sheesh, everyone associated with TLCA and WToE is a volunteer and does the work for free. If you need to be begged, go to Rising Sun... they run that club like a concentration camp.
<SARCASM OFF>

Welcome back Domek! Let me know if I can help you catch up on Trails you may have missed.
Happy Trails! N

Still with the same thang...

Last year I change jobs and in the process to get into a new house so I did not want to renew my membership.

Observation:

Nobody followed up with me in why I left ? or why I did not renew my membership?...

In my humble opinion, there's an opportunity to regain lost members.

Follow ups...

just saying...

Now I have a new home address established in Brownville, TX

I will rejoint the TLCA tho'

Thanks sir!

Green Lantern said:
<SARCASM>
So... do I need to shake your pecker for you when you pee?
Sheesh, everyone associated with TLCA and WToE is a volunteer and does the work for free. If you need to be begged, go to Rising Sun... they run that club like a concentration camp.
<SARCASM OFF>

Welcome back Domek! Let me know if I can help you catch up on Trails you may have missed.
Happy Trails! N

If you look back to when we got membership up to 4000 , admin was sending e- mail reminders ( not a volunteer) and the IR's were making lots of phone calls.

Roger you got it Sir!

that's what I was talking about...

keeping and bringing back members is always a must....

Follow ups and referrals certainly will help to increase the membership

No, I think you're mistaken. Neither Jacki or Jennifer has ever sent reminder emails to expiring members. When Jacki was Admin, we started inserting reminder flyers into the last two issues of Trails. Jennifer has provided clubs with contact info on TLCA members by zip code when requestd. That data included current members and past members because the ancient database can't separate the two classes. Finally, our Admin is primarily paid to handle Trails distribution, answer questions, new member packets, and help with the store. Sending out reminder emails has never been a part of her contract. Just FYI.

If you look back to when we got membership up to 4000 , admin was sending e- mail reminders ( not a volunteer) and the IR's were making lots of phone calls.

Might be a good idea....

White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TORC4x4.org, Cottonland Cruisers.

Uh... your membership in TLCA is expired David. You want me to nag you via email?
;)
Nick

Might be a good idea....

White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TORC4x4.org, Cottonland Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom