Tire pressure...again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have just purchased
Goodyear Wrangler Adventurer
Load range c
LT 265/75/R18

Being put 2018 f150

I realize the max shows 50, but what are some real world pressures for the same tire?
Daily driver with 30% on mud roads and woods hunting.

Thanks

"Real world" has so many variables, IMHO not the best inquiry. For a start, what psi does the door plate recommend? Then you need to consider how much additional weight the truck carries consistantly because that varies so much between owners. Lastly a good check is the chalk test. This determines if the full width of the tread is contacting the road surface. This is more important for pavement, than off road, but it appears from your post that most of your miles are on pavement.

"Real world" has so many variables, IMHO not the best inquiry. For a start, what psi does the door plate recommend? Then you need to consider how much additional weight the truck carries consistantly because that varies so much between owners. Lastly a good check is the chalk test. This determines if the full width of the tread is contacting the road surface. This is more important for pavement, than off road, but it appears from your post that most of your miles are on pavement.
Door plate shows 35, but that was for original tires which were same size by not LT’s.

There are online calculators that will take your OEM tire size, load range, and pressure and convert it to a recommended pressure for your new tires. Going from a P-metric to an LT tire will alter the recommended pressure. This should be the starting point for your new pressure, but vehicle weight must also be considered. I have also found the various online calculators differ, so I would use several different ones to inform your decision. The chalk test as well as cold vs hot pressure increase test can also help you dial this in.

i usually run my tires a bit higher pressure so id do 45psi, non lt tires i would run at 40 since theyll wear better at a higher pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom