Tire Disaster and Catch 22 at Costco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can I just say I've never heard the word "cantankerous" and I love it now? That is all.

Oh crap!

Maybe the decades of driving Lexus vehicles (Lexi?) is starting to affect my vocabulary!

Does this mean I've been kidding myself, and I really am one of those grandiloquent Lexus people?

What's next? Am I going to have a wild urge to keep Grey Poupon in the center console?

The LTXs are the Mr Boombastic of the A/T tire world. On my 07 2uz 4Runner they were at 93k when I sold it and it still has enough meat left to pass state inspections. On my armored URJ200 they're at 50k and still have 5-6k left before I hit the wear bars. Bought them both times at Costco and rotated and kept them at 40-42psi.

Hope I'm not hijacking here but on the subject of Costco... I've got a nice new set of alloy wheels that I want KO2's put on. A couple questions:

1.) TPMS - are the guys at Costco able to put new sensors in that will actually work with the Lexus TPMS on my GX470? I assume they've got the tech to program them properly?

2.) What are the chances they'll massacre my brand new wheels during tire installation? Yes, I will be taking the wheels off-road, and yes they will get scratched, but I want to be the one to scratch them! Just wondering what people have experienced with bringing wheels they care about to Costco.

I think you'll be fine @mstrsltr, I do not think TPM sensor's are anything special and all they do is replace the batteries.
On my wives van I had them take them out and not put them back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom