Tips please for removing factory crossbars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I need to take a factory crossbar off without removing the rack system (I'm trying to fit a lightbar with Wildyoats brackets). I have the four knobs with bolts removed, but they don't want to come out. What's my next move?

I need to take a factory crossbar off without removing the rack system (I'm trying to fit a lightbar with Wildyoats brackets). I have the four knobs with bolts removed, but they don't want to come out. What's my next move?

Tap em with rubber mallet, it’s likely just wedged.

And in case it’s not obvious you can pry the end caps on the rails off to completely slide the rail out.

Take a plastic pry tool and carefully pry off rear end covers You can then slide both cross bars out
CEEA4E98-17EC-41D3-AA97-570070E609C9.jpeg
D3654613-780E-4897-9DF6-5FAC8D34F89A.jpeg

Check out 0:50 seconds into this video: OEM Roof Rack Removal

After those rear covers are removed, the crossbars can be slid out the back.

HTH

Note for future searchers - the bars won't come out toward the front of the rack. There is a flange in the base preventing removal in the forward direction.

Thanks again for the real time help!

70613841-8F70-4BEE-9AFF-92A74B02049C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom