Timing Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mud,

I have a 97 80 I just finished doing the HG on and trying to get the ignition timing set. I have not been able to find a thread with my issue either... I'd like to note also, that it was running fine (other than HG) before I did the HG.

I have gotten it to start quite a few times and it runs very smooth for a few seconds then it sounds like it's starved for fuel and dies. It typically runs a max 30ish seconds. I do not think this is a fuel delivery related issue. Prior to trying to start it, I put about 5 gallons of fresh, non-ethonal, 89 octane in and as it was empty.

Before it dies, I typically get a chance to shine the timing light on it and the attached picture shows where it dies at (not where it actually dies, but that's where the timing mark is in relation to the #1 plug firing. I rotated it back around to where the #1 plug wire should fire for the picture. The chalk line is the timing mark). I have does this 6 or 7 times with the same results. I have set the mark to 3* and also TDC with same result. I have tried shorting the ports in the diagnostic plug like the FSM says and also without with the same results as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
20200118_142247.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom