Time to slow down and think things through (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw a video on Youtube that gave me a chance to rethink how we do some of our recoveries.
Bottom line: the guy in this video got stuck in a snow drift on the side of the track. He had a Jeep stop by and offer to help. They hooked kinetic strap to his back and could not get it back on the track. They then had the Jeep pull from the front and the soft shackle on the Jeep broke and the kinetic strap came back through the Bronco's windshield.

The things that I observed when watching the video: When the Bronco was being pulled from the rear to move it to the left, they hooked the rope to the left pull point. That had the effect of moving the Bronco to the right deeper into the soft snow. When the Bronco was hooked up from the front, it was also hooked up to the left pull point pulling the Bronco moved to the right farther into the deep snow.
I think that the main part that contributed to the accident was the soft shackle hooked to the Jeep did not have an anchor shackle and was hooked through the bumper lug that had sharp edges that cut the soft shackle.

The gradient of recovery:
Remove material with shovel
Lower tire pressure
Traction Boards
Soft Pull with strap
Pull with winch
Rig and use kinetic rope slow, moving to more agressive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom