thud noise/Jerk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
i am the owner of 100 series 1998 amazon with 1hd fte.
So far i am enjoying the ride and will be taking it soon to the northern mountain range of Pakistan upto to the Karakoram Highway to the foot steps of Nanga Parbat mountain range .hopefully will post the pics.
When i bought this she was not in a great condition. Some electric and lot of mechanical problems. Slowly gradually i managed to bring it back to the condition where i can enjoy the Turbo Whistle.
There is one problem left and hope you guys will help me out. While driving when leaving the accelerator paddle the car gives a thud noise or a single jerk and do the same when i press back the paddle. The noise is obvious so is the feeling on the foot.
Have checked almost all the bushes and replaced most of it. Differential bush also replaced which was also giving the same feeling or jerk while putting it in a D gear.

Looking forward for reply
regards
Mubashir Keen.

Thanks Buddy
i will have it check soon and will update with the result
regards

there is typically a fair amount of play in the drivetrain. Try to rotate the driveshafts (with the engine off and doubly sure parking brake is engaged and chocks under the wheels etc) and see how much they'll move and if you can hear odd noises. Also, but less likely given your description, there can be an issue with the grease in the driveshaft yokes. Did you grease them recently by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom