thoughts on 'glassing my dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fiberglass is a good short term fix. it'll last a little while, but def not a long term thing.

How so? I wasn't aware that fiberglass would degrade or crack just sitting there.

Corax, you could mold the dash and the fiberglass would be fine, you took it an extra step. Now I could see if you just did the top and you didnt, you wrapped not only the top but the sides, as much as you could under and even as far as you could in the vents. You did a fine job, and I am starting mine next week.

:hmm: Now I need the passenger side A -piller
How so? I wasn't aware that fiberglass would degrade or crack just sitting there.

great job Keith!

now there is something else for me to do.

88 you would have had one if one of us had not broke it! can not remember if it was you or me.

well, i speak from the audio world. but also, even though you may nit have a bunch of audio to rattle your dash, you drive a toyota. just like any vehicle, when you drive it the body and frame flex a little, and over time may crack the dash.

there are company's that you can buy fiberglassed dashes from aftermarket as well, but even those crack over time, you'll see. but it does look great, and will probably last long enough to justify re doing it when it does crack.

OK, cool - sounds like I have a few years then.

yeah, well i cant guarantee it but you should have a while. alot of people dont actually use hair when then glass, they basically just resin it to smooth it, unless they bought an aftermarket dash. yours sjould last a good little while. look great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom