Thought on these wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I finally have some cash to work on my '91 FJ80. I'd like to replace the wheels and want to move to some 16" wheels for ease of tyre choice. I've found these which I like and need a second pair of eyes to verify they fit.

American Racing AR1726838B American Racing AR172 Baja Black Wheels | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/are-ar1726838b

16", 6 x 5.5, 4.5" backspace, 0mm offset.

They seem to ft the bill but as Im about to place the order any reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to this community for all the support it provides.

pretty sure you need 108mm center bore size. Don't think those will work for you.

you could get some specs from these

edit it might be 106mm

Uhh....someone will correct me but...8" wheel with 4.5" BS (and 0 offset) will push the wheel...in toward the spring/shock? Might have to spacer?
Or will it go the other way?
Here's 4.25" BS with a -12mm offset. Tires are 285/75 (33")
IMG_20210529_145223148_cropped.jpg

Have to agree. If 16" wheels offered enough options, I would rather keep the stock wheels. I went to ProComp Series 51 when I went to 17" wheels and 37s. Regardless, they should work fine. I have 17X8 with 4.25 backspacing and 37X13.5, and they only just rubbed at full lock. That's a wider and taller tire than the 35's I suspect you'll be running on 16" wheels.

You have to pay attention to this part.

Screenshot_20230614_125028_Chrome.jpg

Welcome! Don't listen to the folks who say keep it stock or OEM. If you want custom wheels to make your LC unique then you get them.

I have American Racing wheels and the folks saying you need to get the specifications right are right. You would hate to order the wrong set of wheels as this type of stuff isn't returnable. I have these. Use the "check fitment" tool on Summit Racing or Tire Rack or whatever reputable site you use.

I like options, but I know what I want & like. OEM 16” keeps wheel size better, IMHO for “rubber suspension”. Unless you’re going 37’s & larger, I’d stick with OEM.
Noticed that the OP has a ’91 which has 15” wheels as OEM. My comment was for the FZJ 80’s. Seems progress has dictated more choices for 17” wheels, so more power to those who want the choices. My comment was made because of the trend I’ve seen towards the low profile type “mall cruiser“ tires and wheels. And IMHO, 17” for smaller than 37” is not an off road performance enhancing move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom