They wanna crush our trucks!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not that I'm concerned, but I think it's interesting. Anyone's thoughts?:popcorn:

Article Detail

its been an email going around from pirate4x4 subsidiaries (I think) about this. Also had one goign around about classic vehicles as well to get tax cuts or vouchers. All of it is ridiculous and who knows how many people who will actually participate. But then again this country is headed down that road.

I feel like we are the ultimate recyclers.We keep cruisers running and share parts and help. Lets see According to our messed up goverment we are all supposed to buy new cars with money we dont have with jobs we are unsure will be there tomorrow. Right!

Three words:

cold, lifeless, fingers

Ok, I'm not quite so pissed now that I found some more info...

Karl, the article you linked made it sound like they were knocking on doors asking for the keys. I looked up the legislation (which is still retarded), but this is/would be a voluntary program. I don't think much, if anything, would come of it. There are just too many other factors that don't make sense. See here for the legislation.

What has happened to our goverment.They cant even fix congresses problems.

Yes, I realized that it is completely voluntary, which is one reason why I don't see why SEMA is so terribly upset. If people wanna do it, let them, but oh well... I also realize that the article that I posted was SEMA-biased, but it's what I found on ExPo and I haven't had time to further read it in any detail. I just wanted to share and see what the general consensus was w/ you guys. I think I got a pretty good idea.

What is interesting about this whole idea rewarding people for scrapping their gas guzzlers is silly. There are programs in place that didn't work. In fact, it's generally known in my business that these programs don't work. Most people who have old cars fall into 2 categories. 1) US...hobbiests and 2) people that can only afford a clunker. Group one: cold, dead fingers. Group two: so they get a few busks for their clunker, then what? They have no way of buying a new car. So why would they do this.

It's silly propaganda crap to appear more sustainable and green. meh.

Is the government really out of ideas this bad??
F.U.B.A.R.

We elected these a$$hats...

Actually, I don't think I voted for anyone that won this year so I have no guilt :meh:

Here's an interesting story:
The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Coleman's Corner
Pretty soon Gore will be taking credit for the discovery of Global Warming too.

For those short on time or don't like reading...the actual beginnings of global warming began in the 50's, a guy was looking for an excuse to get grant money, global activism took off, he went on to teach at Harvard, Gore was one of his students, then he felt guilty and practically denounced global warming on his deathbed, Gore says the guy was senile.

I'm with you Steen. I didn't vote for them either. Too bad it doesn't matter...

Hijack: We should all follow suit with Heather, Juice, and Marshall...plaster that gsmtr logo everywhere.

If that happens, two words. "Ruby Ridge" I will cling to my trucks and my guns and they will have to come and get me! Kidding of course.

If that happens, two words. "Ruby Ridge" I will cling to my trucks and my guns and they will have to come and get me! Kidding of course.

:hmm:

I heard something again this week that hadn't been brought up in awhile - "The government doesn't have any money other than what it takes from someone."

:cheers:

Global Warming is the worlds biggest joke...well maybe the 2nd biggest joke next to Al Gore.....what a Loooooser!

I think I'm gonna go start up my cruiser and let it idle for a while and increase my carbon footprint so when the gov't wastes more money on a satallite to read carbon foot prints they won't have any trouble finding me!

Global Warming is the worlds biggest joke...well maybe the 2nd biggest joke next to Al Gore.....what a Loooooser!

I think I'm gonna go start up my cruiser and let it idle for a while and increase my carbon footprint so when the gov't wastes more money on a satallite to read carbon foot prints they won't have any trouble finding me!

They know exactally where you are. And what you are doing, so stop that or you'll go blind. LOL Doc:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom