The Wench build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know not serious but... in theory a good idea but have my doubts about 80s ever being a legitimate crawler. Cant really gear them properly, suspension limitations and aftermarket support doesn't live up the need. Cost of getting it there is very prohibitive.

That said, DO IT!!!!!!

Yes, Tony has jumped in with both feet. He's gonna love it too.

Here's the thing, I don't know that I am ever going to be a true hardcore crawler (famous last words im sure, so please don't make me eat them later) so I'm not looking for a a low and slow climber. We like to ride around and enjoy the scenery and see what everyone else is acting a fool on.

We've been discussing a number of things, especially since we have picked up the new wheels. The white 80 we got the same weekend as the wench has put some things in perspective. Basically I've come to the point that where I may have reached my quota on keepers. The 96 is a nice clean 3xlocked 80, and we debated keeping it for a hot second and basically I've decided to run it for a few weeks, make sure all the bugs are worked out and everything is tip top and then sell it for a good profit. Then put the new old trans in the brown 92 knock the green off and sell it too. Then the cash we make on those 2 will fund some other things, like building the original 80 back into a wheeler, getting the trailer and tow rig in good long trip order, cleaning up the 40 and making it an awesome soft top cruiser, and so on and so forth.

My original 80 (Bruce) has all the goods 5.29s, low range t-case, spartan rear, full slee suspension, etc, so it makes sense for it to be the trail rig, even though it is pretty much all straight, the hard parts are all there. Basically I can't drive all of them all the time so need to make them all good at what they are and let someone else enjoy the ones I don't have history with.

@FJCRAWLER the wench is also Erin's new daily, so it will be pretty well what it is. Just basic mods to make it a what she wants, but it will likely never see an actual trail anywhere, just general farm chores and shop runs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom