The Thread of Shame!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bslca.com
bigcry.gif
Ok, so you knew it would be coming... This is the Thread of Shame.

It's those little moments that we endure and wish that it was a buddy in our spot or that we could just crawl under a rock and die...let alone that someone recognize that little awkward moment or worse ...snap a pic. Post em up... explain if needed.

...remember... all in good fun!
laughatyou.gif

:beer:

Let the roast begin...

popcorn.gif

I'll go first...

Well, made a major 4x4 magazine!

4x4Cover.jpg

scan1.png

However, not exactly how I was hoping:

scan2.png

Ummmm Little closer..

scan3.png

withstupid.gif

Umm Marty is gonna go second....lol

No explanation needed bud.

Jeep_Marty-1.jpg

Jeep_Marty2.jpg

:eek:

This is gonna be good. :popcorn:

It's a good thing you can't upload sound! I could just see a pic of my rig with that awful horn blowin' in the background. Of course, that's been changed for over a month now so no chance of hearing that from me any longer:bounce: I'm sure I'll find another way to make it in here eventually.

There's a good clip entitled "Dumpster Juice" that I haven't shown yet as well...

No shame in that!... lol. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

:D

me

lol its completely stock. (i think) and im sure you could have gotten out if it eventually! lol

...For about half an hour the only one willing to pull me was a damn Yamaha Rhino... thats right an ATV.

attachment.php

I am going to spare you the rest of the gory details and the other time I got stuck and almost hit by the guy pulling me after dragging me though the whole mudpit. I am honestly glad none of you decided to show up because i think I had enough "fun" for all of us.

the picture of me stuck is actualy after the Yamaha had pulled me about 20 feet, was not as badly stuck as I had been.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry no good pics... it's all I had.

Although it's in the Thread of Shame, you're still one of us Josh and FO to the folks that did you wrong bud. They ruin the image of what off-roading is supposed to be about.

Last edited:
I found some video of the rhino that was pulling me out attempting to pull a K1500 but it is not letting me take a screen grab of it for some reason. While I am being shamed we might as well go all the way with it.

Hey Josh, I know it made it here, but it's not getting stuck that landed you in the thread of shame, it's the circumstances surounding being stuck. Just getting stuck, in my opinion, is not enough to qualify for this thread. Hell, everybody is going to get stuck at some point unless they just never get in the really bad stuff. It's when a Jeep or Chevy or RHINO, go through what you couldn't to pull you out that it becomes worthy of the thread of shame. Hell, I remember getting stuck way back in some crawfish ponds on some family land. It was in 1987 and I was in a 1987 Suzuki Samurai. After getting stuck, I walked out and hot-wired a tractor which I proceeded to get stuck long before I got to the Suzuki. I had to call a tow truck after the second hot-wired tractor was stuck as well. I remember standing in some really deep stuff with my "bag phone" on the hood of the Samurai praying that I would get a signal. Well, after the FIRST tow-truck got stuck, a second showed up and finally cleared the pond of all of the iron lying around. Now, in my opinion (again just my opinion), there aint no shame in what took place that day. Nothing ever got close to where I was able to navigate the Suzuki before it was rendered immobile. Much more capable rigs (Tractors) got stuck long before I was able to get them close to the Samurai. And it took TWO tow-trucks to finally resolve my dilemma. Anyway, like I said, from the looks of that slop, I don't think there is much shame in getting stuck there. It's just a lot of other things about that day that got you here. Now, with all that being said, I foresee this thread as becoming the antithesis of it's name. I promise you that it won't be long before all of us are out on the trail trying to do things to get in here. Getting in the thread of shame will some day be seen as akin to getting a badge of honor. Mark my words.

Everyone that hits the trails will eventually make it in here at some point. Its all in good fun and Josh in my opnion you didn't really qualify since there were none of us their to witness your misery and you volunteered to show us. If I were there and caught pics of you getting towed out 4 times it would have landed you here. :lol: The idea behind this thread was the Wall Of Shame I use to have at my shop years back when I did this stuff for a living. Back then there were no threads or digital cameras but we did take pics and pin the prints up of the carnage, breaks, roll-overs and the bloopers. It made for good laughs with the guys while hovering over an ice chest of beer at the end of the day.

One that stands out to me was when we were wheeling at Lake Fauste Point and took a lunch break by a boat launch. One smart guy decided he wanted to back down the boat launch in the water with his truck. The short story was his back tires dropped off the bottom of the boat launch and no matter how much he spun his tires he couldn't get out. The bed of the truck filled with water and sucked him in the bayou in which the picture illustrated us fishing his truck out with more than one winch. It was quite the event and shared many laughs over it.

Last edited:
Everyone that hits the trails will eventually make it in here at some point. Its all in good fun and Josh in my opnion you didn't really qualify .....

Somehow, I feel that we took a left hand turn but Landry was right on w/ the bloopers, carnage etc... It's ALL in good fun w/o negative connotation. I hoped that I came across that way w/ the first post.

I think being pulled out by an ATV gets you here, not being stuck...regardless of the source (although we appreciate you sharing the story). Peterson's has the "whoops" section all the time submitted by it's readers. It's funny as hell and yet sucks all at the same time. (Look at my rig sitting up against a tree at the top of this thread).

If you guys want me to pull it outta here (so to speak), I'll delete the post. I'm sure we'll have more of mine and Cannon's to fill the thread in the coming events.

:beer:

Bx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom