the start of "buttah' cup's build..... 1979 HJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd had a 63 45' that was a rust bucket that I found in a farmer's field in northern maine.... it was my dream truck but I had 3 40's at the time and it needed everything ..... and the sheet metal was at best 75% there...

so after 2 dozen or so various LC's from built 40's, 80's and a 100, built 200 and every version of the 4runner... I finally found this.... and as luck would have it my wife LOVES it....

it's a 79 HJ45 out of CR - so the diesel thing is taking some getting used to.... it was imported by some cool guys in Dallas who are running a few a quarter over.... it's not mint as it was skimmed / slimed with bondo and resprayed a few years ago.... but the frame and running gear are solid and we've just baselined her with a new radiator and rebuilt rear dif and new hoses / belts etc...

looking forward to tackling more of the finer details once the weather cools down, but for now she's a fun put-put for around town...

lots to do and learn about the diesel......

Will be posting in the classifieds a batch of parts - both used and new stuff I turned out not to need like shackle reversal kit and other stuff...

Cheers

E

IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3486.JPG
IMG_1302.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom