The Side Cover Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
This kinda started when I was looking at this thread:

These repurposing ideas kinda got my gears going.

My '40 project is on hold for a bit. I'm also coping with some personal issues; life is like that, I guess.

But most of us have an inner desire to create, and the creation of something useful from some old '40 parts is intriguing to me.

I am determined to do something with the humble F/2F engine side cover. I keep looking at it and thinking it would look cool with a line of hooks on it. That's where I think I'm going. I wanted to just do it, and then show you what I did, and then you'd all know how creative I am. Problem is, I'm still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do. Maybe some of you can offer some ideas and suggestions so that I can either complete this thing, or point it in a new direction.

Last edited:
I got this one from @4Cruisers

Side-Cover-1.jpg

The tube on the left side is already a hook, so maybe if I add more hooks and screw it to the wall, it's done.

I hunted for hooks on amazon. Have not yet found the perfect solution.

Then I thought, what if the hooks themselves were other FJ40 parts? That'd be even cooler!

IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG

I rescued an old hood hook, cut it apart, and propose to weld the little three prong doohickey to my side cover:

IMG_1205.JPG

The doohickey then becomes a coat hook.

Last edited:
On the other hand, something like this might work better:

Hook.JPG

1F08DBAF-9DF2-48AA-AA36-AFBE66ED7E53.jpeg

8D55B52C-8139-4FCD-8500-E90CD1D4361D.jpeg

I went with the black steel hooks.

I cut the vent tube off. I used some old carb butterfly gidjies to plug the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom