The M416 is back..my turn!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry guys...I'm pretty psyched. Here is my final layout...all finished except for paint and rubber coating. Here is my M416. New floor and the THULE risers are the cool thing. They lower or raise 14 ". As I drive to a campsite it will be lowered for less wind resistance on the highway. Upon final destination I will raise it almost 7ft. for camping...is I choose to do so.
The fenders are Rhino lined.
More pics coming
airlaird

Last edited:
Last pics

Here is the new truck floor bed and a better shot of the "pockets". These pockets will allow the THULE raisers to slide inside of...for a cleaner look....and strength.
The Lunette was lengthened a while back and I had the guy add chain hoops. This allows for a shorter chain length instead of the chain drooping low. He also lengthened the "third leg" and added a lockable caster wheel.
I plan on desert tan for the paint.
airlaird

Last edited:
NOT a GD thing wrong with THAT!!! Paint the fugger up and lets go!! Nice build..rack rules!:clap:

Nice job! Where did you get those risers or where they custom made?

final pics

Here's a closer look of the "risers". This is my term...they are actually THULE bike racks. This model is for a Ford Ranger called the "Xsporter" They retail for freakin $450.00...ridiculous. I bought this for $250.00 on EBAY. I was very lucky to find it. This will of course allow my huge family Mombasa tent to lay on top.
airlaird

Last edited:
Berrry berrry nice. Post up pix w/tow rig, and deployed for camping, so we can wish we were there. :beer: :beer:

FWIW, Yakima sells the same kinda towers, if you want something not chrome looking, still about $400/set: Yakima Products - Outdoorsman 300

That is friggin sweet. Nice job. Paint it and go or drop it off at my house.

Well, I COPIED the tailgate design from someone on the forum...I can't remember his name but he needs the credit for the design...so let me say that it was not my design... The trailer was blasted today..tomorrow it goes to the powdercoater.
airlaird

Nice setup! I noticed you were missing a few bolts on your pintle hitch.

Yes the pintle hook is very difficult to put on a Slee bumper. You have to remove the entire bumper to get the bottom 2 bolts in. I managed to get one in..but it was a pain. I blew off the 4th bolt. I'm sure 3 bolts will hold it enough.
airlaird

Steve, not sure why that is an issue. Does the 4 holes not line up with the holes on the cross member. Your's is a pretty old bumper and they are not like that anymore. They have a large hole for installing a receiver. Can you not just dremmel out the offending material with a carbide bit?

Christo, I have your FIRST GEN. bumper..so I need to take off the bumper. And, yes, I could drill it out...I'm just lazy. I'm sure the three bolts will hold fine. I'm really not concerned.
Steve

Subscribing

Christo, I have your FIRST GEN. bumper..so I need to take off the bumper. And, yes, I could drill it out...I'm just lazy. I'm sure the three bolts will hold fine. I'm really not concerned.
Steve

I only have three bolts on my pintle to 2" receiver adapter I made. I have never had a problem. Like you I am lazy, didn't have 4 matching bolts and that was 4 years ago.

I like the running boards. Is that a common size tread (or what ever they are called)?

I don't recall the size thread for the pintle...it was a pain in the arse to get it. I had to special order it from a bolt company.
airlaird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom