The last ride with Gocko (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beo

They say that animals are the best judge of character. Gocko's unconditional loyalty speakes volumes about yourself.

Sorry for you loss,

Steve

Wow, makes everything else seem insignificant

Beo,

Good friends know when its time, it sounds like you did what was right for Gocko.

andre

Beo,

My thoughts go out to you and family, including Gocko. Wasn't expecting to get wet eyes today...

Matt

:'(

My condolences to you and your family. Remember the good times :-*

My dog is also big part of my family and I dread the day we will have to let him go.

Take care.

Beowulf,

Well written and very touching. Immortalize him and never forget. One day, when the time is right, you'll bring home another pup, not to replace "Gocko", but to compliment him. One of the inequities of life is that a dog's life is so much shorter than ours, but maybe that's because they're so full of life.

My old bird dog is 11 and winding down so I'm going to save your post to reread on that day that I know is coming, but I don't want to face. Good luck to you and the family.

My condolances....so sorry for your loss....

doug

B,

Well done - with dignity for him and honesty for both of you. He'd probably have done the exact same thing if you had four legs and he two.

Thanks for the help, mine of 15 yrs is in the same spot I just havent got up the nerve , I just thought after all the time he spent protecting me that he could live the rest under my wing , but i now mine is right around the corner, he is not eating well also
Rip <gocko>
Evan

Beo,

We're truly sorry about your loss of Gocko. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Gocko is still watching over you and your family.

-Cesar
phnx.jpg

My heart is sad....... because of your loss. Grief and loss is a part of our human experience...... a painful part, but when we allow ourselves to love, we open ourselves up to the pain of loss........ "Sorry for the loss of your great friend".

Wayne S

A week ago tomorrow we took our 11 year old Rotty cross Lab to the vet. One of the most painfull expierences of my life.

Old spike use to travel with me in my 83 BJ42 packed with my carpentry tools, in Vancouver you either have a good alarm or you loose everthing.

Well he traveled with me up until last week after we picked up my wifes FZJ80, even though I had to lift him in and out of the truck.

He still grew excited in the mornings when he heard my keys jingle and I would walk him 50 feet and he was finished, arthritis is a crewl thing.

My best regards to you and your family.

Rob

My wife and I are dog shopping, hope ours turns out as good as yours.

My condolences to you and your family, Beowulf. Remember those happy moments with Gocko. :'(

well done B-wulf, you did that the right way. Your story brought back some good memories of some four legged friends of mine. thanks and I hope you'll be able to enjoy your good memories again soon.

My thoughts are with you man. I know the pain; we lost our friend 'Bismark' ( an almost twelve wonderful Rotty ) about four years ago. His ride was in the runner, we went all through the hills here in Southern Colorado, taking him on short scenic walks, providing lots of treats and pats, and after a few hours we met our vet at the park outside the vet's and let him sleep right in the back of the runner while we both held him. It was so hard and yet so serene. My wife mentioned that every bird in the park stopped chirping for a few seconds, I could not hear anything at all I was focussed entirely on my faithful friend. It took over three and a half years before we were able to get another friend, 'Buddy Ruckus' who we also love very much. Celebrating the communion with animals as much as possible makes us wiser humans. I will have your friend on my mind, celebrate his memory and when you can, celebrate the communion with another of his kind. Take care man.

As I sit here looking at Duncan who we almost lost a year and a half ago, when he broke his leash and was hit, I'm crying like a kid. BW, my thoughts are with you, I really don't have the words.

RJ

B:

I'm very sorry. and very sad.

I'm so sorry B :'(

You've done well by him in sharing your thoughts with us. Dogs sure do become good friend and a part of the family.

Hope you and the family are ok.

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom