the ih8mud for suzukis? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I remember seeing it posted a few times, but I can't find it. I'm pretty much looking for the ih8mud but for suzukis, samurai's in particular.

I will give you some sites if you promise to share your build up with this site. : )

Reason being is we would like this suzuki part of site to grow like the rest this site!

hard core rockcrawling zukikrawlers out of texas. zuwharie.com everything, zukiworld.com global.

I will give you some sites if you promise to share your build up with this site. : )
hard core rockcrawling zukikrawlers out of texas. zuwharie.com everything, zukiworld.com global.

Sounds like a deal.

Zuwharie is pretty much the closest to mud that I ran across....

yes thats the most helpful site i have come across for zuks. what are you planning? i have a samurai as well.

Its going to be my woods/hunting rig. Plans include but are not limited to:
SOA conversion
3" springs
33x9.5 tires
front winch bumper
rear bumper with tire carrier/gas can (maybe a rear winch)
5.13 gears
lockers

If i were to do it again i would do a transfer case instead of diff gears. When you change out a samurai tcase it has a high range reduction as well. so with a 6.5 gear reduction you get a 20 % high range reduction which is like running 4.56 ring and pinion gears. that way you can keep the strength of the ring and pinion intact. if you ever want to turn it into a crawler they have even lower geared tcases. pirate4x4.com and zukikrawler had complete regeared tcase for $500 - $700 .

Interesting. Which would provide better performance, r&p or tcase? Its not going to be a crawler, just a backwoods rig.

if you can pick up the tracker differentials (5.13s) cheap AND you plan on putting lockers in them then performance wise you would do better switching the diffs WITH Lockers. if you don't plan on putting lockers in then i would do the tcase. since you are not going to crawl your samurai you can do a 4 lo or 6.5 gear low gear tcase and have a high range reduction of 12% or 20% respectively.

if you can pick up the tracker differentials (5.13s) cheap AND you plan on putting lockers in them then performance wise you would do better switching the diffs WITH Lockers.

thats my plan so far, but if it changes, I'll def go tcase.

Save your self the trouble and go ahead and swap in toyota axles. They aren't that much wider and are already geared. They are a much easier swap then you would think and common. Would give you a great base for 33's and something to go bigger with on down the road, if you do chose to go that way.

I hear that a samuri can handle 33 inch tires with a stock drivetrain, but will it still handle it if the tires are gorilla silverbacks or highlighter outlaws?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom