The CV Story - UPDATE - See Last post! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The CV Story - Unbelievable - Any Advice?

[quote author=Bradass80 link=board=2;threadid=12589;start=msg115837#msg115837 date=1078518106]
It is a moderately easy repair to replace cv half shafts, if either of you guys are in Colorado i would be more than happy to come over and help you do the replacement yourself, check with carquest on a remaned part, after the core charge it's sometimes cheaper to go the route of a whole new shaft, Brad.
[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about... you're a good man!

The CV Story - Unbelievable - Any Advice?

I was standing there when he made the call and he did not mention the t-bars.

uzj100

PS - I will believe the cv boots are replaced for free when I am driving away from the dealership at no charge, until then the whole thing is up in the air.

The CV Story - AN Update - Now this is fun.

Now the rest of the story. After going round and round with the subcontracted warranty company, I decided to check the http://www.toyota.com/html/tcuv/warranty.html website and guess what I found, it clearly stated that the cv joint and boots are covered. Look down at the bottom. Come to find out that Fidelity warranty is just the subcontracted warranty company in the South East for Toyota Certified Vehicles. So I called Toyota and explained and they actually agree with me and have offered to pay for half of the repairs. I told them I would have to think about that and that other parties will have to be notified, for example the NC Attorney Generals Office. I can not be the 1st person with Toyota certified vehicle in the Southeast to have been denied coverage by Fidelity even thou the Toyota NA Certified program covers the part.

Now this is getting interesting.

I will let you know what happens.

uzj100

fight the good and righteous fight, buddy!
(unless of course they are arguing about the mods, in which case the situation is now muddier...)
E

They never mentioned the mods and really it has nothing to do with the mods at all. This has to do with the consumer trusting the brand Toyota.

uzj100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom