thanksgiving run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to say guys I'm not going to make it. I was hoping to get the truck in before the weekend, but it's going to be Tuesday before I can get it looked at. Hope you have a great time.
Dave

Looking forward to this run! looks as thou I will be heading up sometime on friday night solo:)

looks like rain gear will be needed also!

Still haven't fixed that winch it needs a bigger pin :mad:

how many shear pins have you gone through?
sell the pto, get an electric.

matt, what time you leaving? maybe ill convoy with you, we'll take the back road in ;)

hold up! i think i may be able to sneak out earlier now friday night...might finish at 6pm, will double check for conflicts, if not, i'ma comin too!

Matt i'll give you a shout or if you and Simon wanna just post up times...

Simon, i checked mapquest, looks like it's a tad quicker to go up 400 and across 9 then north/east to kinmount? is that your backdoor way?

I haven't even bothered to put one back in yet I just live like I don't have a winch so I should just sell the dam thing and go electric. maybe I will pull it off on friday.

anyone have an extra plate to seal back up my transfercase? guess I would need to make one for the floor also.

A convoy sounds great! but the earliest I could leave is around 7:30-8. yeah rome! ditch work! convoy!

woot, woot, i think we're good fellas! i'm done at 6pm, my buddy's done at 6:30. we'll head home, get our shyte ready and head east, we should be able to meet somewhere on the 401 or 400 depending on which way ya'lls wanna head. if timing is good, we can hook up with Simon in misterssauga somewhere before meetin ya Matt (think of a rendezvous point...) . i'll have gas cans so we should be good straight to kinmount and top up there...

my lockin hubs have been cleaned and regreased (no need for pliers!), brakes cleaned, thermostat installed, the heater works, so it should be a cozy drive up friday night even with the rag top...toque and fleece pants ready!

its actually faster to go 401 to 404 to 31davies drive, north 48 to north12, then west on the 15, then SOUTH on 35, then west right away on 8, then north on the 121...
its easy to explain 401 to 35 to 121
back way in i meant take the trails to trevors place from the 121 :p

matt, im cool with around 8, let me know where. i live on the 401, west end of mississauga.

what kind of tranfer case plate are you looking for? pto plate? i have 2 spare transfer cases at the trevors farm. i can help you out.

dave whats wrong with your truck, what needs done to it?

Sorry to say guys I'm not going to make it. I was hoping to get the truck in before the weekend, but it's going to be Tuesday before I can get it looked at. Hope you have a great time.
Dave

Have to get it safetied. MTO pulled the plates back in the spring, been working on it off and on ever since. Had it in once, but still needed more work. Hopefully it will pass this time and than I'm looking forward to some fall wheeling. Get some pics and maybe do a little write up for the news letter if one of you can.
Dave

Ok well lets meet up somewhere along the 401. before the 404. what about the Tim Hortons south of the 401 at Weston Road? Rome could you get there for 8?

well all I have done this week to prepare my truck is take it to my friends farm, drift it around his dirt track and jump it in his gravel pit lets hope she is good to me this weekend boys!

Simon, yeah I need the plate that goes on the top of the T-case where the PTO would go I think I will be too busy tomo to do it.

ha, 401/weston tims, that was our usual meet spot for northern motorcycle runs!

roger that Simon, i concur.

Dave, we'll take lots of pics for the club! should make for some nice fall shots...

Last edited:
matt, ill hook you up with one of those plates, i have hardware if you need too.

8pm at 401/weston at timmies sound like a plan, ill be there

getting exited :D

may show up sat am ?? i will call jeromes cell if it(the cell) works and keep you posted .
last minute mike is processing veggie oil for the run !
if anyone has a winch cable they are done with i need one for my 8274 .
moose

show up whenever you want.
check jeepking.ca for a cable for your winch n the clasified

yeah, just got back to work, had an awesome time!

Big thanks to Simon and Trevor for settin it up, and the defiant crew offcourse! you guys have a saweeeet set up at the farm! the schoolbus was perfect, almost better than a hostel. i got dibs on that next time i'm up!

pics to come tonight hopefully...

happy thanksgiving cruiser dudes!

romey

got yo text Mike, glad you made it home quicker. we got back in about 2.5 hours, not bad. mileage on the 40 was about 19L/100kms...:meh:

some shots..
saturday mornin rise and shine..
IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

at the end of a nice trail at the back of the farm...

IMG_3074.jpg

monster minitruck!
IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

gettin ready to roll
IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

the massassauga wild fox...only 300 left in the wild..lol.

IMG_3072.jpg

near halfway through the trail with a lemon situation...
IMG_3077.jpg

we made lemonade offcourse!

Matt at a nice lookout point
IMG_3090.jpg

(i shall return!)

IMG_3093.jpg

Looks like a great place for a run. The weather decided to cooperate too, wish I could have been there.

hey a big shout out to trevor ,simon and the crew @ the farm ! . great hospitality and felt verry welcome. good fun ,next time i will make more time for the run !
as usual good to see you cruiser guys !!
till we meet again , keep on moosin it !

thanks guys for coming out, i sure showed you guys how to change tires eh?
anyways, that was not enough for me and im thinking about going again this weekend on the sugestion of mike. id really like to conquer that trail this fall so im gonna have another run at it. everyone is welcomed of course.
ill post my videos and picture of last weekend when i get my camera back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom