Thanks friends (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to give a big thank you to @SAS @JohnnyOshow22 Ben from @sleeoffroad, Justing from Redline Land Cruisers, also Kurt from the Yota dealership in the springs and the dude with the beard from NAPA in Fairplay.

This time last Wednesday we were just getting back from a breakdown on Wheeler Lake. Long story short I didn't DC the sway bar and when it finally ripped the weld off the axle side the freed end came up and bashed out the hard line for the PS front brake. This was just after clearing bowling bowl alley (I think that's what its called). Anyhow, we ended up no brakes with a couple of miles of downhill trail and all of the big obstacles to go. We hiked it, took my buddies runner to the local NAPA. Ben from Slee got me on the right track with thread pitch and diameter for the new line. Bought everything we thought we would need, packed it into my bag, then hiked back up. We got the 80 going again in about 45 minutes and were off the trail right as dark settled in.

The next morning I discovered one of the Radius arm bolts had also gone MIA. Another call to Slee and Christo gave me the bolt specs. Unfortunately we couldn't get it on in camp with what we had. Tracy steered me in the right direction with Redline. Thirty minutes later we were back on the road with everything but the sway bar fully bolted together.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who offered technical support, advice on shops, or offered to bring parts and tools. What a kick ass group of people you have in and around your local club. It would be awesome to have beers with you guys next September when we roll back through. Thanks again.

Malcomb

@half k cruiser Yes, the Toyota community in particular, and the 4WD world in general, is a good bunch of peeps. We tend to have a perspective of "give and receive", so the help keeps rolling and comes back to us each in time.

I've not been to Wheeler Lake, but understand it is a challenging road. Here's a trail guide with pictures to give our Tornado Alley Cruiser friends some visual perspective on what you described.
Wheeler Lake | Trails Offroad

Justin at Redline is @RLMS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom