Thanks for the add! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Enjoying all of the info in this forum. I have a '71 FJ40 that I bought when I moved to Arizona in 1987, it has been sitting for the last five years. Recently retired so it is time to give her some attention and get her back on the road.

FJ40.jpg

Retired people rock.
Or we are as old as rocks.
Can’t remember which.
Welcome.
More info and pictures

Purchased my ‘82 in ‘87 also.

Retired people rock.
Or we are as old as rocks.
Can’t remember which.
Welcome.
More info and pictures

Purchased my ‘82 in ‘87 also.
'87 was a good year then! I still have the original engine and trany in her, runs pretty good but the transfer case and transmission are leaking, think the seals are dried up from sitting for so long. Just had the radiator repaired and put it back in yesterday, she is running hot now so its thermostat time.
LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg

Nice rig! No need to alert the bezel authorities on a Saturday, thankfully. Who did the disc conversion? Did you drive it much between 87 and when you parked it?

Last edited:
Also more pics! 😅
It was my daily driver until 1998. I did the conversion myself about 10 years ago when my son drove it for a while his senior year, JT Outfitters kit if I remember correctly. Other than start it once or twice a month it has sat mostly since then. That thing has been to some of roughest, rockiest spots in the Catalina Mountains on Coues Deer hunts. Its going to be an extended project to get her back into shape, I have a lot of work to do............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom