Texas buyer needs help with Cruiser in Lawrence, KS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all!
I hope that all is well with you and yours. My name is Ty and the reason for my post is that I am interested in a 1997 Land Cruiser that is located in Lawrence, Kansas. Unfortunately, I am located in Dallas, Texas. I have long desired a Land Cruiser and have been diligently searching for one for months. This seems to be the one that I have been waiting for! It appears to be in great condition from the pictures and from what the current owner had to say. However, I was wondering if perhaps there was a fellow TAC member that lived in or around Lawrence that would be interested or able to give the Cruiser a once over. Not sure if any of you fellow cruiser enthusiast guys would be willing or able to do something like that, and if your not, I understand and my apologies. Thanks in advance for any help. Have a good one!

I'll send Craig a note to see if he's available, he's great at giving his opinion :D

Thanks Flantlandtrd! It would be a monumental help. Going to speak with the guys mechanic today but would feel considerably better if someone from the forum here, with their experience and knowledge, had looked it over before I travel 400+ miles. Let me know! :)

I picked this guy up on the 4th, sorry greenarrow. Bone stock but nice price for the mileage and condition. And you gotta love the antique sage 40th color. Nice seller too, all the t's were crossed. Needs a light tuneup but overall in great shape. Put some new rubber on and am planning a few more mods. Pics as soon as it stops raining...

Congratz bigreed! It looked pretty sweet from what I could tell. The seller was fantastic when I spoke to him, even called to let me know that it was no longer available ;) Looking forward to the pictures!

Yeah I was really afraid at the price it was going to be gone before I could make it up there after getting such a great impression from the seller. Headed up and found the cruiser in even better shape than I had expected. Pretty flawless. Even got to have a nice lunch in one of my favorite towns in the midwest. Drove her home and headed straight to the tire store for some new rubber. Next step is a baseline tuneup and cleaning up/repainting the hub covers. You know she's in good shape when one of my first priorities is spray painting the hub covers.

Good luck on finding yours. Lots of good deals out there if you're patient. Stay vigilant and buy the seller. I traveled way further to pick up my dearly departed 60 (MN) and the wife's 100 (TN) and each was worth every mile.

Last edited:
OK now we need to see it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom