testing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
br_coat.jpg

Testing Amazon links and how they display using Firefox ...

Observations - only method three allows the link to be visible in FireFox. Links show up normally in Chrome or Safari. Is this a popup/block setting in Firefox? Prior to 3/20/19 Amazon links in Firefox displayed normally. Any suggestions to shed light on why this is happening are appreciated.

1. link address copied and pasted into message:
Amazon product ASIN B00FKFNWLY
2. inserted link using insert link tab:
3. inserted link using insert link tab in text line:
Link is here.

Last edited:
Testing Amazon links and how they display using Firefox ...

Observations - only method three allows the link to be visible in FireFox. Links show up normally in Chrome or Safari. Is this a popup/block setting in Firefox? Prior to 3/20/19 Amazon links in Firefox displayed normally. Any suggestions to shed light on why this is happening are appreciated.

1. link address copied and pasted into message:
2. inserted link using insert link tab:
3. inserted link using insert link tab in text line:
Link is here.
Guess I do not understand your issue....the first and second methods are clearly preferred, since that actually displays the product and listing for users to see.

Otherwise, screen shot what you see. Guessing it's a Firefox issue...I haven't used FF in about 10 years, tired of them not being compatible with all the known standards in site rendering.

Thanks for the reply, Woody.

What displays in option 1 and 2 is just a black screen where the Amazon image should be (you can move your cursor over where the link image should be and there is nothing active). I’d screenshot it but am using Safari on my phone now and the links display fine.

It also appears only to affect Amazon links as other links in Firefox show up correctly. There were a few instances in the 80s tech section this week where different users observed the same issue .

I wasn’t thinking it was a MUD glitch and didn’t expect you to solve it, but I appreciate the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom