Test drove a 200 at right choice auto. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wife and I are looking at a new to her car. We found a GX and a LC at this dealer. The GX was clapped out, drove fine but the everything else showed its age. The 200 series they have is in stellar shape. I was surprised at how well maintained it was, someone loved this rig. If you are looking to get into a "cheap" 200 series you might want to check it out. They told me it was $32,000ish out the door. I have no dog in the fight but I wanted to pass this on. I think this 200 got in my wife's blood, the color was her biggest turn off but she loved the ride. The sales people are very easy to deal with. The owner diffidently has a thing for Toyotas. He has a show room level 91 Previa on the lot. The mechanic was also fiddling around with a rough 60 series (I think) also. I now know I need a 200 series in my life, looks like more overtime is on the table lol.

Dang I know it an 08 but 1 AZ owner 200 under $30k??? That’s crazy good price in todays crazy inflated marked. Somebody should jump on this

Wonder what the damage report was...

Not a real dealer? I wouldn't buy one of these complicated things from anything other than toyota/lexus or a trusted forum member. Probably just paranoid but why risk it, any repair that rears it's head will be 1k or more, to start. That's an oldie, what about the radiator, the oil leak, the heat exchanger mega leak....flood? What's the vin record reflect?

The Carfax looks pretty good on it

Only glitch is the 1 “accident reported” . No details on it, but it was in 2015 and approximately 65k miles ago. Maybe check if @murf is familiar with it, I see the recent service was all at Right Toyota

I do not see starter or radiator or water pump in the history so that’s a bit odd. Dunno, I usually would stay far clear of no name dealers but the whole service history is all at Toyota dealerships

Not a real dealer? I wouldn't buy one of these complicated things from anything other than toyota/lexus or a trusted forum member. Probably just paranoid but why risk it, any repair that rears it's head will be 1k or more, to start. That's an oldie, what about the radiator, the oil leak, the heat exchanger mega leak....flood? What's the vin record reflect?
Lot of could be and might happen with a rig that age no matter who has it listed. I can't speak to all the details on it but I can say it looks to be in very good shape. Someone cared for that rig and took very good care of it. It makes no difference to me if someone buys it or not. I just wanted to pass along what I found.

Listing says sold....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom