Tent, not roof top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple of thoughts...

Don't buy anything from REI, that's like shopping at the Sierra Club.

Coleman tents are decent and they are cheap. Mine has worked well now for 5 years and is used 2-3 times per year and lent out about 1 time per year.

http://store.colemancampingstore.com/colemantents.html

Maybe I'm wrong but if you are a college student you should save some money for beer instead of buying a great tent?

You really need to decide how you want to use it, car camping or back packing. Back packing tends will break down smaller, weigh less and be more expensive. Everything is usually a little to a lot higher end (depending on price). Car camping tents are heavy, bulky and tend to be cheaper. I camp with the wife and kids, In a Kelty (sold through Costco) 17' by 13' tent with a couple of rooms. I inflate two queen size mattresses and throw the other essentials in there also, it takes about an hour to set this camp up. I camp by myself or with friends I sleep the 80 or a Sierra Designs dome takes about five minutes to completely set this camp up, each has it advantages.

Anyone here ever seen the green dome tent's made by Eureaka for the military? They look like a nice two man tent and you see them on Ebay for about $100 or less sometimes. Since they're made for the military, I expect they are pretty heavy duty for the money. I haven't seen one in person and would like to before getting one. I wouldn't use it for backpacking, but for vehicle packing it might be worth looking into for a small size tent for two.

Go to www.urbanlandcruisers.com and check out the different lines of OzTents. I have the RV which is the cream of the crop but expensive. The cheaper micros are amazing. Was in a downpour during GSMTR and nobody in oztents were wet. Ask all the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom