Technitop RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had some stuff up for sale on Craigslist and mentioned I was selling to upgrade for a RTT and a guy responds with a RTT for sale. I have seen pics and it looks pretty good. I am meeting him this Sunday to discuss a purchase. He wants to get a camper.

Anyways, it is a Technitop with awning and he is asking 650.00. He said he will work with me on the price. I have done a little research, but there isn't a ton out there on these models. Is anyone aware of a US dealer in case I want to buy parts or additions if I get it?

His starting price seems good and he has sent me pics with it open. He says it is free of rips/tears. The vinyl cover has a couple of holes in the corner, but the tents plastic case and all material, zipper, screens, and ladder are in great order.

Does anyone know if this is a good deal ? Or, does anyone ave any feedback on the Technitop?

Thanks.

-Rob

I saw your post on the blue room, but thought to reply here, since I have no post count there :)

I have owned and used many different RTT's in the real world. Money wise is a fair deal but I am not a real fan of this tent.

Pros:

Its great looking tent with plenty of room, strong build, and cool factor.

Inside walls are designed outward giving more room inside.

Fabric and poles are substantial.

The fiberglass case keeps it clean and tight when closed.

--------------

Cons:

The mattress is a bit thin for comfort

You can't close the tent with sleeping gear in it. (Some folks say you can, I never could without a real struggle - maybe a little but not everything)

It takes effort to set up and take down (especially on a roof)

In the rain you will close it wet. (unlike a Maggiolina or Columbus with fiberglas roof)

I also found this tent held condensation quite a bit (<- a big deal breaker) - This tent was always wet inside while sleeping (especially with two). I had to keep the windows open to vent the air, which then made it cold and wet.

The fabric does not breathe (at least the one I owned.)

-----------------

Everyday needing to unload the sleeping gear, close the tent, open it again to dry the inside then close it, then repeat... After a month of using it I sold it for less than I paid.

YMMV

I saw your post on the blue room, but thought to reply here, since I have no post count there :)

I have owned and used many different RTT's in the real world. Money wise is a fair deal but I am not a real fan of this tent.

Pros:

Its great looking tent with plenty of room, strong build, and cool factor.

Inside walls are designed outward giving more room inside.

Fabric and poles are substantial.

The fiberglass case keeps it clean and tight when closed.

--------------

Cons:

The mattress is a bit thin for comfort

You can't close the tent with sleeping gear in it. (Some folks say you can, I never could without a real struggle - maybe a little but not everything)

It takes effort to set up and take down (especially on a roof)

In the rain you will close it wet. (unlike a Maggiolina or Columbus with fiberglas roof)

I also found this tent held condensation quite a bit (<- a big deal breaker) - This tent was always wet inside while sleeping (especially with two). I had to keep the windows open to vent the air, which then made it cold and wet.

The fabric does not breathe (at least the one I owned.)

-----------------

Everyday needing to unload the sleeping gear, close the tent, open it again to dry the inside then close it, then repeat... After a month of using it I sold it for less than I paid.

YMMV

Awesome feedback and I really appreciate your time. I have a couple reservations too. The lack of stateside parts and additions is a big issue with me. I may just wait and go with an ARB or similar.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom