Tech question (Baja Designs Onyx6) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I recently put an Baja Designs Onyx6 40" light bar on my 2018 Series 200. This afternoon, I decided to run the wiring harness to the battery just to get an idea of the brightness. This is a Baja Design's harness. So I took the negative to the terminal, the lights came alive (partially the first ) The positive never touched the terminal and the lights turned on. Anything I should be concerned with and any idea why the first 6 LEDs aren't lighting?

Video link :

@socaljeff That is because you're putting the ground side wire onto the positive terminal on your battery. You'd think the diode would have not allowed this, but not sure of your wiring.

Battery terminals are designed so that the positive side is towards the center of the engine bay (so that it is the farthest away from the side of the bay where it would short).

I can't imagine having that much light up there. Is it OK with glare off the hood? I've been saving up for just a 10" Onyx6+ to put on my bumper.

@socaljeff That is because you're putting the ground side wire onto the positive terminal on your battery. You'd think the diode would have not allowed this, but not sure of your wiring.

Battery terminals are designed so that the positive side is towards the center of the engine bay (so that it is the farthest away from the side of the bay where it would short).

I can't imagine having that much light up there. Is it OK with glare off the hood? I've been saving up for just a 10" Onyx6+ to put on my bumper.

Thanks for the reply. I don't disagree that it is total overkill. My intent was always to add the 40" lightbar but I didn't plan on going with the BD Onyx6 originally. I was fortunate enough to stumble into a deal I couldn't pass up on this bar (basically, 60% off MSRP) so I'll run them!

Thanks for the help on the ground/terminal question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom