TB & WP + misc. replacements parts list help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey GXOR! Excited to say that after months of search I finally got a new-to-me 03 GX470. It has a little over 150k on its original timing belt & wp (yikes!) as well as a bunch of overdue maintenance so I'm having a trusted mechanic that I know to do the work with me providing parts.

I'm planning on having the TB&WP, Radiator (and hoses+thermostat) and the Drive belt replaced. I looked through the stickies and the GXOR website and it's been a tremendous help, but was hoping to get an extra set of eyes on what I'm doing.

1. Other than the above, is there anything worth changing at this time assuming everything is still original? I often see the fan pulley bracket (FBT-002) being mentioned but am seeing mixed opinions on replacing it. If I can also get the part number for any extra replacements I should do I would REALLY appreciate it.

2. Assuming I'm just getting the above work done (TB&WP, Radiator + hoses + thermostat, and the Drive belt), could I get help to review my part list below and see if I'm missing anything? I have a feeling I need more stuff for the drive belt.
    • Timing Belt & Water Pump AISIN TKT-021
    • Radiator Denso (221-3125)
    • Upper Radiator Hose Toyota 16571-50200
    • Lower Radiator Hose Toyota 16572-50190
    • Thermostat Toyota 90916-03100
    • Thermostat Gasket (If thermostat doesn't come with one)
    • Drive Belt Toyota 90916-02586

i might consider changing the spark plugs and checking your coil packs, and look into a transmission/diff flush if that hasnt been done yet.

I don't have the parts numbers handy, so I'll just add the radiator cap. You have to buy separately...it's not included in the radiator purchase. Also, get new clamps for the upper/lower hoses unless you plan to re-use the existing hose clamps if they are in great shape.

I remember getting a drive belt made by Mitsuboshi who is the OE for Toyota.

I did the same cooling system refresh as you are doing. All together back in 2018 and it's been flawless since then.

3 years later, I had to replace the belt tensioner which was causing the belt to produce a loud whining noise.

Last edited:
Unrelated to the coolant system work your doing, but it couldn't hurt to replace the spark plugs if they've never been done.

I am using Denso (3297) spark plugs in mine.

Also, another small thing: hood struts/lift supports. Your mechanic will thank you if they're failed and he doesn't have to fight with keeping the hood open.

I am using Tuff Support (613070) Lift Supports. Haven't installed them yet so can't attest to the quality or longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom