t100 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a one family owned T100 last week in PHX...
Had been a WA farm truck...
120K miles
base trim reg cab
4x4
1993 so... 3.0l

I'm a LC guy so the 3.0l is a mystery to me. I know it is not as favored as the 3.4l but it has been maintained regularly...

Starting to research suspension upgrades and getting around to cleaning up the interior and base lining everything...

Looking forward to something other than my never ending 80 and 60 projects...

244.jpeg

252.jpeg

View attachment 1627296

View attachment 1627300

3.sl0 has history of head gasket issues. If no record of being changed start with that and then move on.

HG is definitely top of the list, but if those have been done the 3.0 is a really solid engine. At this point the head gaskets gave probably already been done though. Lots of folks malign the 3.0 but it is a smooth and torquey v6. Nice score!

Thanks for the info.
Just sorted through all the service receipts. HG completed under warranty repair at 59K miles...

nice score. I have a very similar T100 that had the 3.0. the 3.0 never let me or my dad down over the course of 24+ years, it is underpowered for a truck that size imo.

As far as lift options, I think BJS are the only easy option up front. I'm still trying to figure out what to do in the rear....so let me know what you try haha. I think some 1-2" lift shackles are what I"m leaning to in the rear. Might look at some air bags to help the saggy butt syndrome with stuff in the bed.

Thanks for the info Bryan. So far it has been a great truck for my use around town and out in the desert...not sure it will be my road tripping machine but I'm hoping to keep it for a long time.
Been doing small things like cleaning up the interior and getting some exhaust repairs done. The only rust was on the muffler and rear pipes but Tucson has good selection of muffler repair shops haha...Need to get around to fluid baselining and addressing the 10 year old timing belt next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom