Synthetic winch rope group buy interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking into 1/2" (12mm) syn. winch rope for my 12k winch. This is 24k min. breaking strength which allows for using a snatch block at max pulling power... I have found a supplier who can deliver it to me for $185-190 per 100' section. Just rope, no thimbles, hooks, not spliced. Any interest?

Really? No interest?

Blue,

We would possibly be interested in working out a deal for some basic winch line. Our winch line is from Samson and is real AMSTEEL-BLUE.
As you know all Samson winch line is made in the US and is good stuff.

Here are some specs for you on our winch line.

7/16" has an average break strength of 23,900 LBS. with a minimum break strength of 21,500 LBS.
1/2" has an average break strength of 34,000 LBS. with a minimum break strength of 30,600LBS.

If you are interested feel free to PM us. We can also help you with some questions you might have about the winch line you have already found.

~Jeff

I am looking into 1/2" (12mm) syn. winch rope for my 12k winch. This is 24k min. breaking strength which allows for using a snatch block at max pulling power... I have found a supplier who can deliver it to me for $185-190 per 100' section. Just rope, no thimbles, hooks, not spliced. Any interest?

Just making sure you know what you are getting into. A 12k winch at max pull can develop 12k of tension on the line when you have it payed out so that only the bottom layer is still on the drum. When you use a snatch block, the pull point on the block can double your pulling power (24k) but that goes to the shackle, strap, or tree-saver you have it hooked to. The tension in the line is only as much as the winch can put on it. What happens in the case above is you get two 12k force vectors connected to the truck (one for each section of rope) and one 24k balancing vector connected to the anchor. So...if you have rope on there now that works for your 12k winch, you are already set and have no need to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom