Swing Out Carrier Latch!

Dan Fredrickson

Supporting Vendor

That is more than some of your rigs are rated to tow, so I know it's overkill but that's the way we do it here.

Dan Fredrickson

Supporting Vendor

I Can't say for sure, they are definitely strong enough, but might be best used in a case where there is no rubber cushion. I could see the window getting free if you were really bucking around and it compressed the rubber bumpers enough to let the latch release. I think that is why you usually see the rubber or spring-loaded latches used for the windshields.

Thanks for you response. My CRUISER is missing the rubber dash. It just has a bolt on each end. I was asking if I could use them on the dash.
Screenshot_2016-04-05-10-34-20-1.png

This is not my dash but similar. I want to try to use your latches vertically on each side of the window to dash. I see the your isometric drawing has the at 90* degrees

Dan Fredrickson

Supporting Vendor

I see what you are talking about now, trying to hold it open instead of down on the hood. With the 90* angle on the handle, it might not work out for what you are doing. I think you would want a latch that the handle locks down parallel to the hasp, I know you can order those from Fastenal and a few other places, but these 90* ones are all that we've got for now.

Top Bottom