SWB Auto transfer question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, all. Quick question to the offroad gurus out there:

I just test drove a 90 (3 litre, auto diesel SWB) and loved it. Firstly, the D light wasn’t illuminating (and I’ve since read all about that and the infamous No D Club). However, I have a question that is probably really dumb:

What mode should the stumpy stick be on when driving normal around town? The options are H, N and L.

From my understanding, the 90 is permanent AWD. When I tried to move, nothing happened, which I assumed was because the short stick was in N (neutral, right?). I put it into H, hoping that it would move forward and not destroy the gearbox.

Is this correct? I should always be driving in H (until I need low range, that is).

Thank you in advance.

/ C

Hi, all. Quick question to the offroad gurus out there:

I just test drove a 90 (3 litre, auto diesel SWB) and loved it. Firstly, the D light wasn’t illuminating (and I’ve since read all about that and the infamous No D Club). However, I have a question that is probably really dumb:

What mode should the stumpy stick be on when driving normal around town? The options are H, N and L.

From my understanding, the 90 is permanent AWD. When I tried to move, nothing happened, which I assumed was because the short stick was in N (neutral, right?). I put it into H, hoping that it would move forward and not destroy the gearbox.

Is this correct? I should always be driving in H (until I need low range, that is).

Thank you in advance.

/ C
You’ve got it right. H is 4Hi, where you should be for all your driving (other than a trail).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom