SWB 70 series ebrake cable length? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am trying to figure out if a SWB 70 series would have the same style e-brake cable as a USA FZJ80 chassis BUT a shorter overall length? The 80 series cable is too long in my hybrid application. I am using the 80 series lever also.

Pic of my project.

I can take any measurements of the 80 cable if needed.

Thank you for any help.

The BJ70 cable is approximately 20-22" shorter than the 80 cable. They are the same or similar in style. I imagine the 73/74 cable to ~11" shorter than the 80 cable as it's wheelbase falls right in between the 70 and 80. I can measure, if need be.

The BJ70 cable is approximately 20-22" shorter than the 80 cable. They are the same or similar in style. I imagine the 73/74 cable to ~11" shorter than the 80 cable as it's wheelbase falls right in between the 70 and 80. I can measure, if need be.

I took some measurements tonight, it looks like I need a cable about a foot shorter.

The 73/74 cable sounds promising.

Does anyone know if the rear axle is a different width or the same as an 80?
I'm trying to think about if the clevis attachment will be the same?

Clevis attachment will be the same but the 80 series rear axle housing is much wider than a 70 series which is much closer to a 40 series rear axle housing.

Clevis attachment will be the same but the 80 series rear axle housing is much wider than a 70 series which is much closer to a 40 series rear axle housing.

It should be pretty easy to make an adapter to widen the cable on each side. I could scavenge a set of ends off my 80 cable.
Not as simple as I could like, but not too bad.

can't you just use the 80 and route it such to take up the slack? I can't tell you the length on a -70 since I don't have any laying around.

That's what I did when I put the 80 series axle under my SWB LJ71. I did look at extending the ends of the original swb cable to fit on the new axle but it was also too short overall with the extra lift. Handle end of the 80 cable swapped straight in. Handbrake isn't the greatest but I'm told that's standard for an 80 series, need to try copying the Terrain Tamer longer struts for inside the drums.

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom