Swamp's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm glad your taking your LC into the dirt and boonies. ;) Amazing how many never leave the pavement!

The footage didn't really show anything that could cause much damage... No rocks, or barriers, really. Looked like well-groomed dirt roads with the occasional wet or snow, but nothing really requiring belly protection. Perhaps the footage is not a full representation of what you have in mind...?

Personally, I'd swap suspension even if primarily for streets, because a I think the stock suspension is just way too squishy...but YMMV. You can significantly improve the ride & handling with even a basic Old Zman Emu "lift" and have a much nicer handling truck in all conditions for around $1100.

Sliders are a great investment no matter in my basic mod book...and also make great steps & parking lot protection. Strong and functional sliders can be had for around $1k.

As you venture out of that zone, you may discover you need more protection. I just wouldn't see a need yet in that particular terrain.

I don't think that video does it justice. It's considered a "moderate" trail around here because all the obstacles have bypasses, but there are some obstacles. Also, the Senator Hwy from Crown King to Prescott is generally unmaintained for most of the year. It's full of deep ruts and moguls with lots of rocks and tree debris.

2-backwayck.jpg

That's a bit more like I remember. Go with the lift and sliders man. You might as well make use of all those high tech traction aiding devices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom