Suspension LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is the suspension on the Lexus LX570 similar to the one on the Lexus LX 470?

Where is the hydraulic tank located in the Lexus 570?

The tank is located in the RR wheel well. You'll see a small flap secured by a simple nut there. Once you remove the flap you'll see the fill tube for the fluid.

Last edited:
Same system on steroids. :)

Slee told me that the 570 system is much more complicated than the 470 when I inquired if AHC can be removed. Otherwise I would be interested in purchasing a LX570 and replacing suspension with Old Man EMU. Right now I am about to buy a Toyota for more money.

Last edited:
I don't believe the AHC itself is that much more complicated than the 470. More than likely the way it ties into the truck's other systems (all electronic) and interacts with CRAWL is the complication.

I'd be curious to hear the details though.

I don't believe the AHC itself is that much more complicated than the 470. More than likely the way it ties into the truck's other systems (all electronic) and interacts with CRAWL is the complication.

I'd be curious to hear the details though.
At Overland Expo I talked to Christo a bit about the 570 and he did say the ECU was much more tightly integrated than on the 470 and, my words, the big unknown is what it will take to swap suspensions because of that. That said I gather he did some decent trails at Cruise Moab with his 570.

I would like to see him do a front rock guard in aluminum, like they did for the 100/470 as an alternative to the ARB.

On the lx470 a good indication that the globes were good was to count the tick marks on the tank between high an low. How do you check the system on the lx570? Any recommendations?

What is the maintenance intervals for the AHC system?

The tank is accessed through the right rear wheel well. There is a flap on the rear part of the wheel well. It has the capacity and fill marks that you're describing. I found it very difficult to actually determine my levels without getting a bunch of light in there, which from the wheel well and a 3"x4" hole was tight.

On the lx470 a good indication that the globes were good was to count the tick marks on the tank between high an low. How do you check the system on the lx570? Any recommendations?

What is the maintenance intervals for the AHC system?

Easier way would be to ues a techstream cable/software to check pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom