Suspension advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello forum members, back again seeking some advice on suspension. I'm finally ready to upgrade/replace suspension components and parts. I am leaning towards the OME set up as I am not a heavy duty off roader. I see that Metal Tech is offering a stage one conversion kit with the purchase of an OME suspension kit for $916.00. I am not qualified to install this myself (I don't think) so I have a shop here that will do the install for about $900 bucks. Any advice or insights you guys can give me are greatly appreciated. My questions are as follows:

1) Do I need upper control arms? They're $543.00
2) I'm not going to be adding bumpers or anything real heavy, but we do load her up pretty good to go camping. So, should I go with the light or medium springs set up?
3) Do I need that diff drop thing? And what is it?
4) What's the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 conversion kits? I know the 2 has more components, but is that for a stiffer set up? Bigger lift?

Thanks in advance,
PH

Hello forum members, back again seeking some advice on suspension. I'm finally ready to upgrade/replace suspension components and parts. I am leaning towards the OME set up as I am not a heavy duty off roader. I see that Metal Tech is offering a stage one conversion kit with the purchase of an OME suspension kit for $916.00. I am not qualified to install this myself (I don't think) so I have a shop here that will do the install for about $900 bucks. Any advice or insights you guys can give me are greatly appreciated. My questions are as follows:

1) Do I need upper control arms? They're $543.00
2) I'm not going to be adding bumpers or anything real heavy, but we do load her up pretty good to go camping. So, should I go with the light or medium springs set up?
3) Do I need that diff drop thing? And what is it?
4) What's the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 conversion kits? I know the 2 has more components, but is that for a stiffer set up? Bigger lift?

Thanks in advance,
PH

As somebody in a similar boat as yourself, allow me to provide feedback on my personal rig ('06 470)
I went with the OME medium duty with stage 2 coil conversion
1. UCA's aren't required, but I'd recommend them.
2. Medium duty allows you to add weight without feeling a sagging. Also, light duty people have complained a bit on the ride quality with added weight.
3. Everything I've read and heard says drop diff isn't necessary, given the slight lift you're putting on. Save that money towards your UCA's or the stage 2 kit
4. Stage 2 has the rubber cones that the Stage 1 kit doesn't have.

Archangel GX.jpg

Thanks, I was leaning towards the medium. Are you happy with ride quality when it's not loaded up?

Thanks, I was leaning towards the medium. Are you happy with ride quality when it's not loaded up?

Yes, I'm very pleased with the ride quality compared to the OEM setup. It's close to OEM, but still a tad stiffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom