Super glue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2002 LX470. The truck is in decent shape, but definitely needs some TLC.

I spent an hour removing the hideous pinstripe and debadging the truck. Unfortunately, it is clear that the original "LEXUS" badge had fallen off and the previous owner applied a new one. They did a terrible job and there are glue marks everywhere. I easily removed the badge with floss and heat, but there are thick glue lines remaining. I have watched every youtube video and read every post I can find about debadging a car, but none of them helped. The glue residue isn't the normal double sided tape you would expect. It almost looks like super glue. There are think lines of glue that are not being removed with conventional methods. I have tried goo gone, a heat gun, boiling water, and an eraser wheel.
Are there any other ways to remove thick glue? The parts I have removed chipped away some paint, so I already have some touch up paint on order, but I really need to just remove with remaining glue without damaging the paint any more. Any help is appreciated!

There is a super glue debonder but I think it has acetone in it. It might be weak enough not to take the paint off but Ii wouldn't try it with out doing a sample some where inconspicuous.
Nail polish remover but it also has acetone.
You can look at this link and there are others that might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom