Sunday 1/31 Messing Around Peavine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be loading up the cruiser with people and exploring the north west side of peavine next Sunday 1/31/16. There is no set trail or destination or time to meet at this time. If you want to come along let me know. I'm sure stock rigs will be fine, I expect fire road with the occasional snowy spots. I can also do this on that Saturday if this works better for someone.

I'm thinking we will meet at the start of Peavine road, drive straight to the top, cuz I've never been and then head down the north west side, If we don't get snow between now and then. Last weekend I drove almost to the top, the snow was not deep.

Alright, I will be at the start of peavine road at 10am tmw. I'm not exactly sure what conditions up there are like right now. We should be able to make it up the service road at least. Post up if you are coming. I am not looking for an all day winch/tug slug through deep snow, so if that is the case we will turn around.

OK, so I almost got to the top. But then some weird drift iceberg thing swallowed my 80. I got out after 45 minutes of digging. I was locked front and rear and it took about 45 minutes of breaking ice to get the cruiser off of it's axels.
IMG_20160131_112542621[1].jpg

IMG_20160131_112550261[1].jpg

It looks like I fell of the road but I didn't. There is just a giant iceberg in the middle of the road that I fell off of.

Last edited:
Nicely done!
Thanks! It was a pain to get the truck out but everyone had fun and I helped out a 200 series (Stock) that drove off the road near the bottom.

Looks cold but fun. I know exactly what got you. There is one of those getting to one of my favorite chucker hunting places- ate my quad up one January. Luckily throwing it in 4x4 and rocking I was able to get out of it. You were stuck dude:eek:. Remember you have club members that can rescue you if needed:jimlad:. I would have come; Sunday was a boring day watching the snow fall:hmm:.

Looks cold but fun. I know exactly what got you. There is one of those getting to one of my favorite chucker hunting places- ate my quad up one January. Luckily throwing it in 4x4 and rocking I was able to get out of it. You were stuck dude:eek:. Remember you have club members that can rescue you if needed:jimlad:. I would have come; Sunday was a boring day watching the snow fall:hmm:.

Calling you crossed my mind more than one time while I was under the car shoveling lol.
But then I thought about how u have no hard top on at the moment and the long drive from your place to the top of peavine, we were literally a quater mile from the top. So I wanted to completely give up b4 I called for backup. You ever thought of soft top? It would be light and hold some heat in from the heater.

Calling you crossed my mind more than one time while I was under the car shoveling lol.
But then I thought about how u have no hard top on at the moment and the long drive from your place to the top of peavine, we were literally a quater mile from the top. So I wanted to completely give up b4 I called for backup. You ever thought of soft top? It would be light and hold some heat in from the heater.

Yea I would have done it no problem but the fact is I would have had no idea how to get there:confused:. Props to you for getting your baby unstuck. I have thought about a soft top but then I wouldn't be able to bitch about how cold I get:eek:. I usually don't wheel much from December to March and then it isn't to bad with the bazillion layers I have on-and oh ya my Elmer Fudd :pig: bomber hat. And also looking at the area you where in winching may have been tough since there was nothing to hold my rig in place. Probably would have tried the stretchy tow rope Yank method:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom