Suggestions Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a little advice on how to resolve a problem I am having getting a carburetor I bought of a Mud member far too long ago. First he said it would go out as soon as he got payment. Then after several attempts to reach him he finally replied saying he thought he had mailed it but found it under a bunch of crap in the back of his wife’s car and he would get it mailed pronto. Still no carb. He has sold several things on Mud and I don’t find any other complaints so I don’t really want to raise a stink but I either want my money or the carb. I don’t know whether it is possible to reach a moderator or someone who knows him who could intervene on my behalf or to just go public on Mud. Not to mention any names but he has a very popularly read “restorappolosa” thread detailing his meticulous rebuild of a 69 FJ40. He is not local as I believe he is located in Oregon or Washington State.

How long is too long?

Looks like he's still active on the site, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Stay on him and if you don't get satisfaction in your next few interactions, let him know you want your money refunded.

I've, thankfully, never had a bad buy/sell experience on MUD. Seems the ones that go public rarely end well for either party, so I'd advise against that.

How long is too long?

Looks like he's still active on the site, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Stay on him and if you don't get satisfaction in your next few interactions, let him know you want your money refunded.

I've, thankfully, never had a bad buy/sell experience on MUD. Seems the ones that go public rarely end well for either party, so I'd advise against that.

How long? – I am embarrassed to say but I paid for the carb late in October at which time he said he was sending it. Tracked him down the middle of November and again in early December when he said he would take care of it.

But I am inclined to agree with you as I think airing it publicly will make us both look petty and it will not land me a carb!

Thanks – and should any of you know this guy please put a bug in his ear for me.

My faith in the good people on Mud is confirmed. Just got a refund via paypal. Of course I still need a carb to go on a 76 2F engine. Maybe I will just save up a buy one from Trollhole. Thanks for the comments folks! Steve

I am in Indy and probably have a rebuildable 78 carb if that would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom