Subwoofer replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
danspassionforcars.blogspot.com
Not trying to create a high end sound system in my 97 LC, but figured I ought to have a working sub woofer. Pulled out the old one, popped into a local stereo shop and they happened to have almost the exact size I needed in a box where they'd already sold one, so sold me the other one for $25 since they usually sell in pairs and couldn't charge retail for it. Feeling quite lucky today. Had to re-drill a couple of the holes to make it fit, but overall, was almost a plug and play with a little bit of soldering. That old speaker was quite done. Wow.
IMG_2115.jpg
IMG_2117.jpg

That's pretty sweet. Let us know how it sounds. I had a sweet powered shallow mount subwoofer mounted on a Slee Quarter Panel Mount and it went out like a year ago now. Been trying to figure out what I want to do from here.

I have a pretty solid system in my other car, but it's got a big amp and a big enclosed sub, so by comparison, an oem system from a 1997 Toyota is never going to crush. If you're looking for a lot of bass, this isn't going to do it. But it does add a little bass, which is about the best I think I could have hoped for, especially for $25.

I have a pretty solid system in my other car, but it's got a big amp and a big enclosed sub, so by comparison, an oem system from a 1997 Toyota is never going to crush. If you're looking for a lot of bass, this isn't going to do it. But it does add a little bass, which is about the best I think I could have hoped for, especially for $25.
Right. I have an aftermarket system in my 80 that's not super fancy or anything but is way more powerful than stock with an amp and Focal speakers. That 10" shallow mount I had wasn't doing much anymore past about 50% volume so I probably need a proper sealed or ported box and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom