Sub-tank Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Landcruiser imported from Australia. It has the factory subtank. I put gas in the subtank and the level reads on the overhead gauge. I ran the main tank down and then pushed the button for the sub tank. The light on the switch lights up. I was under the assumption that there was a pump that transferred fuel from the subtank to the main tank until it automatically shut off when the main tank was full. I could see no movement of either fuel gauge. Main is 1/4 and sub is full. I looked at parts diagrams for my truck on Partsouq. There is no in-tank pump shown. How does the factory system work? With the sub switch pushed, should fuel transfer or is fuel just drawn from the sub tank?

Hoping someone from AUS knows, or maybe someone else with an imported FJ.

Petrol or Diesel?

cheers,
george.

Fuel is transferred from the sub tank to the main tank. You can jumper diagnostic pins (I don’t recall which ones off the top of my head) on the connector in the engine bay and the light on the transfer switch will flash the error.

Fuel transfer pump is external and below the rear floor. It is a transfer pump and solenoid (to prevent back flow). Just follow the fuel hoses underneath and you'll see it.

Auxiliary tank is my writeup of my retrofit. Some of the retrofit of course is 'non-standard', but the fuel transfer pump location is oem.

cheers,
george.

image.jpg

On the diagram, which terminals are supposed to be jumped? T(c)and E(1)? Nothing on the connector shown has a T(c)or E(1)?

I’m not at the truck, it’s in the shop getting the AC fixed.

im just looking at the diagram of the connector on the page you posted. I see pins 1-23. Nothing labeled T or E

So, to follow up, I got in the truck the other day and the subtank was empty. I tested it and it does transfer fuel. I just takes longer than I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom