1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange beeping!

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by FJMouse, Aug 20, 2006.

1. FJMouse

FJMouse

I was driving down the highway today and my FJ started beeping. It sounded like the seatbelt beep, but all seatbelts were buckled. It just kept beeping for about 3 min and then stopped. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. weever

weever

I had a bunch of stuff in the passenger seat and was driving with no beeping, I went through a drive through and set a burger & fries on the seat and it must have activated the sensor in the seat & it started beeping. could this be it? Was the seatbelt flasher flashing with the beep?

3. FJMouse

FJMouse

That is the thing... absolutely nothing was flashing. Originally I thought it was the seatbelt beeper, but if it was, the light did not come on.

4. gearguywb

gearguywb

I had my seatbelt alarm (when it was still working :)) go off because my laptop bag was in the passenger seat.

5. Blues Dawg

Blues Dawg

Media:
    Albums:
    my dog set off seat belt alarm from passenger seat w/ no seat belt indicator - lite works on drivers seat only.

6. FJMouse

FJMouse

Thanks! I had my laptop bag in the front seat. I usually have it in the back. I guess that was the problem. It freaked me out. I had so much car trouble with my Cherokee before I traded it in for the FJ I just immediately thought I was about to explode!!! hehehe :eek:

Have a great day!

7. BC_FJC

BC_FJC

Media:
    Albums:
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">