Strange air suspension issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_4877.jpeg
A month ago I picked up a nice 2016 Luxury with plans of lifting it right away. Two weeks ago I put on an Eibach 2.0 kit and rear shocks and I want to keep the rear airbags as I will often be carrying several ebikes on a hitch rack or my dirt bike also on the hitch. Got it all installed and did the airbag trick on the back. I first did it on the passenger side only as I thought that was the side for the air suspension and I got zero extra lift. Then I read it’s actually the driver side sensor so I did the trick on that side. Still no change. The low and high modes work as intended so the sensors must be working. I finally got my airbagman extended bags in this week so I put those on tonight and went with two of their ten mil spacers on the driver side and the passenger side still has the 6 washers I already had under them. Got everything on and still no extra height, but again all the modes work just fine. There must be something simple I’m missing or maybe there is just an issue with my sensors? I’ve pulled the rear wheels off and checked the sensors multiple times and they seem to be moving freely and not messed up in any way. Tomorrow I was going to space out both sides the same amount to see if that works and check out the linkages yet again but I’m pretty baffled.

Ok, I THINK I figured it out. I was digging through the depths of the internet and on a 470 someone said you needed to turn off the air suspension and back on to reset it. I did that this morning and took it for a drive and I got about 1.5 inches more now of rear height. I’ve never seen anyone mention needing to do that with the airbag trick before but I can’t believe it took me this long to even think about it haha. Was able to dial in a bit more height in the front too so I finally have it dialed in to what I was wanting to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom