Strange air suspension issue with partial fix - 2004 code 35, 44, 61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the air suspension was misbehaving on my latest 2004 GX 470. It has 120,000 miles so I wasn’t expecting problems quite this soon. Well I’d expect the bags, but It’s not the air bags this time.

I had codes 35, 44, 61, and it was locking me out from raising or lowering unless I turned off the key and started over. I was reading and trying to diagnose it without much progress, raising seemed normal but lowering would cause it to lock out.

Finally I noticed the tank solenoid would repeatedly go on and off while dropping down very very slowly, in starts and fits. I finally decided to take my own advice after I found an old thread where I helped a guy by telling him to reset his ecu. It seemed to fix the solenoid popping on and off. But I still have a code 44 which is the tank solenoid. The symptom is a very slow lowering. It was like that from the day I purchased it. I might try to blow out the lines and do a quick check with the dvm.

I think I’ll be on the lookout for a good used height control reservoir assembly if anyone has one laying around. The entire thing needs to be replaced if the solenoid is going out.

9DD003B6-4387-4639-9A30-0D4087061EC2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom