1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange AC activity...Help

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by notyourmomslx450, Aug 14, 2006.

1. notyourmomslx450

notyourmomslx450

Today, I noticed my A/C acting strangely. While idling with the A/C on, the compressor kicks on and draws down the idle about 250 rpms, and then immediately kicks off, then kicks on and draws down the rpms and then kicks back off, and just keeps doing that cycle. When I got home this afternoon, I checked the refrigerant level, and it's within the "good" range. It (air coming out of the vents) also seems to warm up pretty bad when I'm sitting at a red light. Is this a sign of the compressor starting to go bad? If so, is it repairable before it completeley goes out, or am I looking at buying a new one? Anyone?

2. notyourmomslx450

notyourmomslx450

3. Buckru

Buckru

Wish I could help with this one. Have you taken care of your cooling system with new clutch and t-stat? Not saying they are related, just asking. We missed you at the beach run, we had the wine and cheese 80's camp and the blue tarps strung to kingdom come 40 camp. Gotta love the 80 :grinpimp:

Hope life up there in Southern Oklahoma is working out for ya.

Buck

4. MDarius

MDarius I break stuff. SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't know the answer, but try searching some of the AC fan clutch threads. It seems like this was one of the symptoms.

5. notyourmomslx450

notyourmomslx450

Thanks Buck. I know the T-stat is good, and I checked on the clutch (fan).

I wish I could have made it out to the beach run, too. I'd have brought the 80s crowd back down a notch with bud light and hot dogs, but I had to pack up some boxes.

And yes, the concrete parking lot they call Dallas is treating me fine.

Lucy- Thanks, I'll check out those threads.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">