1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo Problems

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by 80/100, Aug 14, 2006.

1. 80/100

80/100

In previous posts, I mentioned that I purchased a new 100 several weeks ago. I tried to find a vehicle without the navigation system but was unable to do so. After purchasing the vehicle, a problem developed with the stereo system. Specifically, the volume on the stereo would not work. I returned it to the dealership and they claimed that the satelite radio unit was defective and needed to be replaced. They removed the satelite radio and the volume problem was solved. When the new satelite radio unit that they ordered came in, I took the vehicle back to the dealer and they installed the new unit. Everything worked fine for about 30 minutes, until the volume again stopped working. I called the dealer and after "researching" the problem, they claimed that there is some sort of flaw in the Sirus system that they installed. They claimed that this defect impacts the entire system and makes the stereo volume inoperable. They are offering to trade out the Sirus system for XM. They are not sure that this will solve the problem, however. Like I said, I tried to purchase a vehicle without navigation and the things that come along with it, including satelite radio. Unfortunately, however, that is next to impossible. Do any of you have any relevant thoughts on this issue? Thanks.

2. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

If the stereo works fine without the sattelite radio, why not just disconnect the satelite radio?

3. 80/100

80/100

Satelite Radio

Removing the satelite radio may be the ultimate solution but I have a problem with allowing Toyota to sell a product that I paid for that does not work properly. Therefore, I would like to make them fix the problem, rather than simply agreeing to remove the satelite radio. We all know that the LC is a great vehicle, but I still feel obligated to make Toyota stand behind what the sell, especially when they decide to include "options" on vehicles (such as a navigation system) that in my opinion, should not be on a LC in the first place. I have been driving a LC as a daily driver for the last 15 years and the main problem I have with the current model is that it includes luxury items that are not only unnecessary but that also drive the price up.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">